Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Deore disk brakes too grabby after service
  • mattyfez

Hey all, wondering if anyone can advise..
    Standard deore brakes just serviced are now far too on/off at low speed leading to accidentally braking far too hard.

It there any way to get more modulation and/or lever travel?

Cheers.

scotroutes

Just remove a little fluid. It’s a personal preference thing. Many folk (me included) like to have little/zero lever travel and would argue that anything else is a poor bleed 😉  I used to over-fill my brakes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just get used to it.

tdog
    Free Member

Give it all of 5 mins until fluid weeps then hey presta!

poah
    Free Member

push the pads back so the pistons move into the caliper. this will increase the lever pull required to engage the rotor.

mattyfez

push the pads back so the pistons move into the caliper. this will increase the lever pull required to engage the rotor.

Sounds like that could be an option.. Any guides or is it just take the wheel off and lever the pads with a broad screwdriver or knife or something.. Like can you push them too far and get into trouble?

Cheers

binman

I use clean(ish) plastic tyre levers, save any damage to the brakes… especially if I have removed the pads and then push the pistons in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Deore disk brakes too grabby after service’ is closed to new replies.