Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Delivery company for e-mtb
  • Andy-R

I’m hoping that someone here can offer me some suggestions – I’m buying an e-mtb from the Bristol area and need to find a company who can transport it to the Isle of Man, because according to the seller most won’t accept them as freight from private sellers…
    The only one that he’s found who will are Paisley Freight but they won’t insure it.
    So, if I can’t find anyone else that’s my only option. Anyone here used them and, if so, what was your opinion of them.
    Or suggestions for any other companies would be really welcome.

Many thanks, Andy.

drnosh
    Free Member

Can you use Paisley freight, and YOU insure it during transport?

spooky_b329

UPS deal with private sellers and they also have a freight/pallet option.

colp

Is it the IoM destination that’s the problem?
    You’re welcome to get it delivered to mine (Wirral) and come and collect it yourself, you could ride it on to the ferry.

Andy-R

Thanks for the kind offer, colp – I think it’s the whole battery issue though, to be honest, although if you look at Paisley Freights website pretty much every item you can think of is on their “not eligible for compensation” list.
    Anything from doll’s houses to car differentials…

Anyway, although I could normally have come across on the boat to collect it in these strange times travel to and from the Island is restricted to essential purposes and I’d have to isolate for 14 days on my return even if I was allowed to leave.
    I suppose that’s the price we have to pay for a pretty much normal life here….
    Thank you again though, your kind offer is very much appreciated!

clubby

Used then 3-4 times for bikes and snowboards and never had an issue. However if you search on here you’ll find different opinions.
    On thing to note is that your pick up will be by a random man in a van type operation, not a big corporate branded van. This then feeds into the national network. Like all these type of operations, your experience depends on who picks it up.

Andy-R

It seems that a shedload of different items now appear in the uninsurable category of a lot of these delivery companies.
    According to one local to me (FCX) bicycles (“e” or not) are classed as fitness equipment, which they don’t insure…
    Anyone got any experience of APC Overnight?

granny_ring

I’ve had smaller parcels delivered with APC without issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Delivery company for e-mtb’ is closed to new replies.