Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Default EBB Positioning?
  • abingham

I have a Stooge MK4 incoming, and it’ll be my first bike with an EBB.

With that in mind, what’s the ‘default’ position for the EBB to sit at or does it vary? I’ll be running the Stooge geared so I can choose where to position the BB.

In case it makes a difference, I’m 5ft 7in and will be running Stooge Moto Bars to roughly match the reach from my medium Mmmbop frame with less sweepy risers.

Paul-B

I just adjusted mine to see if it made much difference. I rotated it towards the rear to reduce the effective chain stay length to help with manuals etc. It did make a bit of difference from what I could tell. I think it’s just one of those things you play about with t find a sweet spot.

kerley
    Free Member

I think it’s just one of those things you play about with t find a sweet spot.

Or alternatively, set it at what you think will be right and then don’t dare touch it ever again in case it starts to creak. Yes, I have owned many variants of EBB and only the Bushnell was trouble free/easy to adjust

ajantom

One thing to bear in mind is that the MK4s didn’t have the seat-tube routed all the way down (something Andy is aware of I think).
    So depending on your height and length of post, you can end up not being able to insert the post enough.

I have a 150mm Brand X dropper in there and when it’s in as far as it will go there is still about 40mm of post showing under the collar. At 6ft tall I have to have the EBB adjusted to nearly the top position to give me the right amount of leg room/length. Also, fitting a saddle with less height helped.

abingham

Cheers all.

@ajantom
    , hopefully won’t be too much of a problem as I’m a short arse have a small dropper to go on it for exactly those reasons!

Did I see somewhere that you’re South West based? PM me if so, I’m in Ivybridge. Always good to find other local riders!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Default EBB Positioning?’ is closed to new replies.