Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent places to eat on Isle of Wight…
  • the-muffin-man

We’re off to IoW for a week in July and thinking it may be wise to book 2 or 3 evening meals as it’s bound to be busy.

We’re staying in Bembridge so ideally that East Coast.

So after recommendations for decent food (don’t mind pubs or restaurants) and possibly one meal at somewhere special for a treat.

Cheers!

charlie.farley

Do you love Garlic ?

ernie

Ganders in St Helens. A lovely small restaurant with superb food and wine. Within an easy walk of Bembridge as well🙂
    Leave the garlic farm for the tourists.

ernie

Seaview Hotel is also really nice. If you can put up with the Raah crowd head to the Old Fort. If you like gin, try the distillery on the road out of Nettleston. In Ryde, try the Heron. Oh I could go on….

lunge

The Terrace, Ventor.
    Or indeed The Terrace, Yarmouth.

TheGingerOne

Smoking Lobster in Ventnor or Cowes

Straightliner

Some good shouts above. White Lion in Niton also good but a bit further west.

For something more special still, there is Thomsons in Newport.

Finally, for cakes (daytime, not dinner) then Chessell Pottery takes some beating.

curto80
    Free Member

Hungry Bear in Brading good for dinner and Sunday lunch

Adgestone vineyard is a nice chilled light lunch spot, especially to sample the blue sparking wine

For brunch Fin’s Beach Cafe on Sandown esplanade

peekay

There are a few little beach front cafe shed things in Steephill Cove, which is about a 25mim walk through the park from Ventnor. That makes a really nice few hours out out for a lunch.

john_l
    Free Member

Finally, for cakes (daytime, not dinner) then Chessell Pottery takes some beating.

Which is where I’ll be heading tomorrow morning!

the-muffin-man

Cheers! 👍

I’ll have a look at some of the menus – check down the back of the sofa for loose change(!) – and book a couple.

Straightliner

How were the cakes?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.