Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent LBS – Manchester
  • nickc

Any one recommend their local shop in Manchester? Looking for servicing and parts

twistedpencil

Northwest Mountain Bike Centre in Cheadle. They are excellent, just had my forks serviced and bike overhauled for the cost of a fork service elsewhere. Bike always comes back like new when they’ve looked after it.

If you want Central Manchester, then Kyle at Dirt Factory is a great mechanic.

nickc

Cheers, Northwest isn’t far from me. Thanks for the recommendation.

spacey

I like Withington Cycles, always seen me right. Rob and Joe there are great guys. Always felt like Northwest weren’t interested unless you had thousands to drop on an Orange (maybe I just got them on a bad day).

nbt

Northwest are good but can be very busy as they are well known and have a good reputation. Also try Jon @ Bicycle Smithy in Hazel Grove or Sam @ Sett Valley Cycles further out in New Mills. Bikeshak in Altrincham. Keep Pedalling in City Centre.

twistedpencil

@spacey you’ve not been in for a while then, they’ve been all about Santa Cruz since a certain Mr Peat joined the Syndicate 🙂 lots of other brands available too.

The workshop has been very busy since lockdown, but I suspect most good bike shops will be in the same position.

drnosh
    Free Member

Depends on where you are, and what you are looking for.

Try https://www.kenfosterscyclelogic.co.uk/, in Chorlton-cum-Hardy.

Ask for Sean, or my pal Tony.

acidchunks

Based on my experience and that of friends, Northwest MTB can be really variable in terms of service. Spannering is good quality though.

Ive heard of bad experiences in Ken Fosters , although I liked the place and used them when it was my local.

Duggan

I have used Revolve MCR lately as they will pick up and drop-off if you want and they’ve always done a good job:

https://revolvemcr.com/

Their workshop was under the Rapha shop in St Annes Square but think they’ve moved to Ardwick now.

greeny30
    Free Member

Not quite Manchester, but leisurelakes in Bury.

julians
    Free Member

Had hit and miss spannering from North West Mountain bikes in Cheadle, they didn’t tighten the stem up well enough on a mates bikes, leading to the bars going one way and the wheel pointing the other on a steep bit.

But then they did a decent job of replacing the bearings on my bike ages ago.

I guess everyone has off days, so I’d hesitate to really slate them, they seem friendly enough when I go in, and the above examples were a good while ago.

edhornby

Cooksons for north Manchester, keep pedalling for central , also popup bikes for secure storage and coffee 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent LBS – Manchester’ is closed to new replies.