Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Decent Bluetooth receiver for an older amp?
  • Bullet

Can you get a Bluetooth receiver that will plug into the phono sockets on an older amp? Got a Denon mini system with good speakers and an Arcam amp into big floor standing Mission speakers. Would be nice to shake the house again through them 😀

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I have a Trond unit from Amazon about the size of a matchbox that transmits and receives. Works from the headphone socket on my amp to transmit to my headphones but has adaptor leads to receive via rca sockets. Pretty good for £20 or so.

temudgin

Logitech make a reliable unit for about £30. Keeps my old system rocking 🙂

tjagain

I have one of these

https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-wxad10-darkgrey.html

Plugs into the phone sockets on the amp, connects to phones and computer by bluetooth

Needs to be reconnected now and then as its only drawback. Spotify connects thru it automatically or you can use it without spotify just as a alternative speaker if you use youtube. Its like magic to me. Sounds identical to wired connections to my ears

jimw
    Free Member

I have a Logitech one connected to a 40 year old A&R Cambridge A60 through a phono to DIn lead which works reliably.
    This one
    https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000913.html

whatgoesup

Sony BM10 – sounds and works great.
    Or a streaming solution – many available but I use a Raspberry Pi and IQAudio PI-DAC plus running Moode to stream Spotify 320 Kbps.

tjagain

There was a good reason why i went for the more expensive yamaha one but I am blowed if i can remember it now

*scratches head*

CountZero

MeeAudio do one, I’ve got several sets of their earphones, and they’re very good.
    https://www.meeaudio.com/BTR/
    Logitech are always good, and I believe Bose do one as well.

bigfoot
    Free Member

i got a giveet transmitter/reciever from amazon for about £25 to connect my phone to my makita site radio after the headphone socket on the phone packed in. works with 3.5mm, optical or RCA.
    slightly bigger the the smallest and cheapest ones but it will just about do 3 days at work without charging it

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Logitech one is OK but range not great on it

Audioengine make one which is pretty good but not cheap per se. But BlueDento make a very similar unit (BLT-2) which can be bought for around the same price as the Logitech one. I have one, it’s a solid bit of kit.

5lab

If you’re on the Amazon ecosystem, the echo link does a good job. Not cheap, but decent quality

ransos
    Free Member

I have the Yamaha linked above and it works very nicely with my Cyrus amp.

breninbeener

Like tjagain and ransos i hqve thqt yamaha unit.

Its big benefit is its streaming from wifi not bluetooth, but is controlled by you ohone using bluetooth.

So the signal should be higher quality than just casting a BT signal from you phone.

I have a lovely old Cyrus system and its pretty good

Ian

intheborders
    Free Member

+1 Logitech

Fed from our phones and we’ve got it connected into a small Denon too.

Works well, especially for the £20-25 spend.

tjagain

breninbeener – thats the reason! I knew there was some reason I went for that one.

breninbeener

Its great thing for using with spotify. The difference is quite noticable between that wifi casting method, and just using phone BT to send the music to the amp.

Ian

DaveP

bluetooth ones are nice and simple, but you may find them (very) quiet.
    I have a raspberry pi zero with wifi and a hifiberry DAC and the sound quality and loudness is so much better than bluetooth adaptor (but does require a level of geek to configure it).

Bullet

Cheers all 🙂

b33k34

dirt cheap Chinese eBay headphone adaptors work surprisingly well for bluetooth (I’ve got one that cost less than £10).

However, @tjagain etc – if you’re using Spotify then buy something that does ‘Spotify connect’ that means the stream is going directly to the device and NOT via your phone.

That means your music doesn’t get interrupted if you’re using your phone for other things.

tjagain

b33k34

I run it from my computer mainly and it seems ( from this technophobes veiwpoint) to do this anyway

susepic

Can you find a Chromecast audio on ebay and just use that. Works really well, and because works off wifi you don’t need to worry about bluetooth range

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Decent Bluetooth receiver for an older amp?’ is closed to new replies.