Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • December Destination
  • chevychase

Say you have all december off, you fancy two weeks biking, followed by a couple of weeks dicking about with the missus (maybe some MTB, but mostly not).

Money no object.  Where do you go?

stewartc
    Free Member

December, then Southern Hemisphere, NZ or Oz should give you plenty of different riding over 2 weeks and then some general tourist stuff after?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tasmania 2 weeks to ride then finish up with a big food and drink festival then welcome the Sydney hobart into town. Quiet beaches friendly people and stunning scenery

BigJohn

Vietnam would be my choice.  We spent a few weeks there January 2016.  We did some trips with Ethnic Travel who organise proper cycling tours and take you well off the tourist trail.  A direct flight into Hanoi, (Vietnam Airlines on a comfy 787) and a direct flight back from Saigon and made our way south using planes trains and taxis.  Just sorted accommodation and travel while we were there.

Cycling in the Mekong Delta I asked our guide what to do if we got separated.  Just wait where you are and I’ll ask the locals if they’ve seen the foreigners, she said.  It seems they don’t see many where she was taking us.

Hanoi is brilliantly mental!

chevychase

Done Vietnam (amazing) and Oz. Taz is a possible.

Was thinking Kerala but for the massive flooding recently 🙁

Any other ideas?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Cape Town?

Plenty of good road and MTB riding there and loads to do when you’re off the bike.

bonni

What about Chile? It’s a great country. I’ve only ever read about cycling (looks epic) there but visited the country a few times. Love it!

Or Peru – but it could be rainy in the high sierras at that time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘December Destination’ is closed to new replies.