Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decathlon bike rack / Thule compatibility?
  • stevextc
    Free Member

OH has decided we have to take her car on holiday… and it can’t take a rear rack so we are going to have to buy a set of racks for very occasional use. The roofbars and other stuff will be more useful so not opposed to a proper Thule kit that fits her roofrails but an extra best part of £300 for some rarely used bike racks seems daft…

Needs to take my fairly long 1187mm Bird… plus Jnr’s 1146mm XS and her M T-130 is the shortest so should be no issue.

Lots of Decathalon fans here so Anyone know if the MONTBLANC stuff will fit onto the square (steel) Thule roof bars?
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/bike-carrier-axis-xxl-20-id_8590989.html

Or open to any other ideas for something that will go on the roof of a 2013 CRV.

cddsystems

Where are you?
    I may have a set of Thule bars and kit in the garage that I am probably happy to let go for a sensible price.
    We had a 2012 and a 2015 CRV in the past.
    I need to check the footpack for the 2012 though, however what I should have is across both generations of Honda.

stevextc
    Free Member

Woking (Surrey).. but between now and then I’ll be going up to Inglelton and NE Lancs so thats a fair bit of the country can be diverted to. That said we need to be sure we have the working stuff before as I’ll be in my car and we’ll be stuffed if we can’t get the bikes on holiday. At the moment we are waiting for a confirmation for changing the ferry booking from rear to roof… hoping for confirmation tomorrow. [by which time Jnr and myself will be underway up north]

It’s got the built in “flush” roofrails fitted that seems to be the 7106 footpack.

I’m all for the Thule roofbars as these will get used more often but 51 weeks out of the year it’s just myself and Jnr and my car. Its the price of the Thule bike holder jobbies adds up and won’t get reused…(or very rarely) so worst case she can get the footpads from Halfords.

Decathalon also have the 591 carriers cheaper than Halfords

cddsystems

Well I am about 10 miles east along the M65.
    So not a massive detour if you are passing.

Let me check tomorrow what I have and I’ll let you know.
    I am more than happy to allow a test fit I’d the packs are good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mont blanc is not a decathlon brand

https://www.montblancgroup.com/en/other/products/bike-racks/roof-bike-racks/roof-ride-xxl/205330/

Respected brand in its own right.

With right adaptor will fit Thule aero bars.

Or on steel bars as stock

If you didn’t already have bars look at Cruz from roofbox.co.uk about half the price of Thule.

stevextc
    Free Member

I can’t test as I’m in my car not the OH’s so will need to check…though can always just pay full whack for footpads from Halfords… then I’m guessing the rest will fit…

Anyway, check what you’ll get… might stick the FF’s in the car if we are going along the M65 good excuse to go to Havok…

stevextc
    Free Member

With right adaptor will fit Thule aero bars.

Or on steel bars as stock

If you didn’t already have bars look at Cruz from roofbox.co.uk about half the price of Thule.

The Thule steel bars seem cheap enough … and the bars will be used way more than the cycle carriers but I’m not fixed.

My car after an embarrassing accident with a height barrier will never have a roof mounted carrier again so the bars are likely to be used for sheet materials etc. from Wickes etc. [not anywhere fuel economy is a concern] .. and the cycle carriers will be used one trip that’s meant to be a cheap holiday…

Meanwhile I’m “Mum sitting” whilst my brother goes away so my car will be in NE Lans/N Yorks from today …. and OH’s car the other end of the country. So its critical I get the right stuff or we will have a holiday without bikes… and I’ll end up going to sandy beaches somewhere I’d only slightly rather be than in a shopping mall. Not to mention for the first time EVER OH has suggested taking bikes… I guess if my Bird doesn’t fit some cheaper racks I can take my XC HT but I was hoping we’d get to the new bike park.. (and the DJ won’t be great for family cycling trips)

I’ll see what CDD systems comes up with from his garage…

stevextc
    Free Member

@cddsystems
    Sent you a message to say let me know what’s in the garage by email as I’m at the caravan and barely any internet here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon bike rack / Thule compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.