Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Debonair air shaft vs tokens
  • dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi I currently run 2 tokens in my 140mm pike.
    I’m going to up the travel to 150mm. Is the debonair air shaft worth twice the price or can the same effect be had from tokens?
    Sorry fir all the questions just trying to educate myself before Wasing dosh.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

They do different things, although there is a degree of overlap.

vincienup
    Free Member

What do you want from your fork?

qwerty
    Free Member

What do you want to achieve?

I swapped out my 120 standard air shaft for a 120 Debon Air, kept tokens the same, added 10psi = much suppler on the small bumps whilst still taking the big hits in its stride & staying supportive through its travel.

You’d be silly not to take the opportunity & upgrade it.

joebristol

Essentially the debonair shaft allows you to run a bit more psi so the spring ramps up more in the mid range, whilst also still giving you plush small bump compliance (because the increased negative spring size gets the fork moving easier at the start of the travel).

The tokens just make the fork ramp up later in the travel to resist bottom out better.

If you’re changing the airshaft out anyway I’d definitely get the debonair shaft. You’ll probably find you can then run it with one or two tokens and a higher psi in the fork.

stevextc
    Free Member

As already said … no brainier if you are changing travel… i went 140 to 160 so hard to say what plushness came from what but at about a tenner difference in price you’d be daft not to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Debonair air shaft vs tokens’ is closed to new replies.