• This topic has 34 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Dear Drivers
  • richmtb

How **** hard is it to turn your lights on in the fog.

Two days in a row there has been some pretty thick fog in the mornings and twd days in a row a good portion of the cars are unlit.

Seriously how **** difficult is it.

I had to look out an extra rear light, make sure it was charged and find somewhere to attach it. All they had to do is flick a switch.

Most drivers manage it just fine but a significant majority find this simple task too hard. Thing is the must see all the cars with their lights on around about them. How **** ignorant do you need to be to just drive around obliviously ignoring the conditions when all around you the correct way to do it is there to see.

I guess most of the fog is between their ears

The one the took the biscuit was a black cab. A “professional” driver driving a black vehicle in the fog with no lights. Who took umbrage when i suggested he turn his lights on. Well done to you sir. I nominate you dickhead of the day

Kryton57

Not enough capitals, 2/10.

nealglover
    Free Member

Most drivers manage it just fine but a significant majority find this simple task too hard.

1/10

perchypanther
    Free Member

You are Ronnie Pickering and I claim my five pounds. 😀

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Who?

sv

Ronnie Pickering

Who? 🙂

Edit: Dammit 1 second too late!

GrahamS

Who?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who?

Don’t you know who he is? 🙁

Why don’t you bare-knuckle it . RIGHT NOW!

nealglover
    Free Member

RONNIE PICKERING

nealglover
    Free Member

RONNIE PICKERING!

nealglover
    Free Member

[u]RONNIE PICKERING!![/u][/i]

peterfile
    Free Member

Who’s that then?

sv

Oh RONNIE F*****G PICKERING that ____!

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s Me !!!!!!

akira

Sorry? Johnny is it?

perchypanther
    Free Member

HANDLES FOR FORKS!

Edit: Sorry, wrong sketch. I’ll get my coat 😳

stumpy01

Dear Cyclists…

How **** hard is it to put lights on your bike, in the dark?

Most cyclists manage it just fine but some find this simple task too hard. Thing is they must see all the other cyclists & cars with their lights on around about them. How **** ignorant do you need to be to just cycle around obliviously ignoring the conditions when all around you the correct way to do it is there to see.

I guess most of the fog is between their ears

The one that took the biscuit was a black lycra clad cyclist. A cyclist on a expensive carbon ‘weapon’ in the dark with no lights.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

driving a black vehicle in the fog with no lights

Fog’s white/grey. High contrast, innit. No need for lights. 😉

Note – if you do turn them on, TURN THEM THE #### OFF AGAIN when the fog goes!!

richmtb

stumpy01 – Member
    Dear Cyclists…

some pointless whataboutery

Cars are fitted with lights as a permanent fixtures. So while both the unlit cyclist in the dark and the driver in the fog are stupid. The driver is both stupid and lazy.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The one that took the biscuit was a black lycra clad cyclist.

Those weren’t biscuits…….

Cougar

Tip of the iceberg.

Now that you’ve had fog, half of your well-lit drivers will now proceed to drive around with their fog lights on for the next two weeks.

Speeder

You could see them couldn’t you? If so what’s your problem?

Maybe they’ve got a higher “fog” threshold or can simply see better.

Are you one of those people who puts their FOG lights on a the merest hint of a bit of mist? (and then forgets to turn the damn things off again – ever).

ThePinkster

I wouldn’t mind betting that the majority of them don’t even think about switching their lights on at all these days as the come on automatically when it gets dark on quite a lot of cars these days.

GrahamS

Maybe they’ve got a higher “fog” threshold or can simply see better

You are required by law to turn your headlights on in proper fog: visibility less than 100 metres.
    So that’s a pretty good starting threshold right there!

We’ve had the same thing here. Past few mornings have been proper foggy but still plenty of dozy idiots bombing about in completely unlit silver cars.

richmtb

You could see them couldn’t you? If so what’s your problem?

Maybe they’ve got a higher “fog” threshold or can simply see better.

They were less visible than they could have been for the sake of turning a switch.

Are you one of those people who puts their FOG lights on a the merest hint of a bit of mist? (and then forgets to turn the damn things off again – ever).

My bike doesn’t have fog lights. I did decide to double up on rear lights this morning though.

When I drive I’m perfectly capable of switching lights on and off as appropriate.

I’m not even talking about fog lights BTW any lights at all would be useful in poor visibily

scandal42
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve got a higher “fog” threshold or can simply see better

ROFLCOPTER

nealglover
    Free Member

They were less visible than they could have been for the sake of turning a switch.

So is a car with dipped beams on a clear day. Not many people do that though.

Fog lights on, front and rear, when there’s a slight bit of mist is my personal pet hate.

richmtb

Fog lights on, front and rear, when there’s a slight bit of mist is my personal pet hate.

It might well be but it doesn’t make not using any lights at all in thick fog any less stupid.

Dipped headlights in the daytime are also a good idea which is probably why daytime running lights are fitted to all new vehicles, but again, that is an entirely separate argument

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My car has auto lights but they don’t come on in fog as the light levels are actually quite high – you just can’t see through the mist!

johndoh
    Free Member

My car has auto lights but they don’t come on in fog as the light levels are actually quite high – you just can’t see through the mist!

This – it’s easy to forget to check when you are used to having lights coming on automatically. And for my sins I drive an Audi which has the added annoyance of there being no visible indicator of the lights’ status on the dashboard.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Even the dash light are always on so which makes it even more confusing (if you haven’t got a clue that is!!

peterfile
    Free Member

I drive an Audi which has the added annoyance of there being no visible indicator of the lights’ status on the dashboard.

+1

Genuinely can’t get my head round this at all. I don’t even know when my headlights are on.

crazy-legs

I drive an Audi which has the added annoyance of there being no visible indicator of the lights’ status on the dashboard.

I drove a Vauxhall hire car recently which had an incredibly annoying feature of almost turning off all dashboard lights if the headlights were on. Presumably it thought that if the headlights were on it would be dark outside so lighting the dash in a muted grey/white would help.

However all it did was render the dash almost completely invisible. Headlights off and it all came to life in a bright orange again.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I drive an Audi a VW which has the added annoyance of there being no visible indicator of the lights’ status on the dashboard.

+2

Both daft and annoying

Drac

I drive a VW which you can tell if the lights are on as the dashboard is brighter.

Not that I ever switch them on in the fog.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Dear Drivers’ is closed to new replies.