Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Deals on cars
  • timwillows
    Free Member

Are there any really good deals going on new cars at the moment? All those picture of 100s of new one filling storage lots should mean that they are desperate to shift them

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

What sort of car do you want?

Smee
    Free Member

Yes – loads.

timwillows
    Free Member

Something diesel, up for 65+mpg and not too small…..
    Civic, BMW 1, v50….? perhapps even a mini clubman

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Diesels are still holding there own a little price wise. How many miles do you do a year? You need to be doing almost 24k a year to make a diesel pay now!

timwillows
    Free Member

Probably so…. but I prefer the torque of a diesel. besides fuel prices can change rapidly!

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

What you looking at spending then circa 15k?

timwillows
    Free Member

That look about right

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Just got a brand new Civic ES diesel for £14,222 and 4.9 % PCP. The other half does 15,000 a year just to and from work, so perfect.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have never pushed my line of trade on here since STW stated, not exactly trying now, but we *maybe* taking in a 57 plate clubman diesel in PX next week. 1 owner, 13,000 miles with lots of spec, so far we have been bid £11,500 for it in the trade, so if you wanted to match the best offer then I may be able to wrangle it for you, it would be a trade sale, but I could sell it to a ‘mate’, who could sell it on to you with a warranty for an extra grand or so.

If your interested you’ll manage to find my email addy.
    Cheers.

timwillows
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer addy, but I’m not at that stage yet. I’ve done a hour or so of internet research and just thinking about a short list to take out for a test.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Could be a good deal on the clubman maybe….

Not knowing you I was thinking Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0D?

Even in todays climate i dont think I would buy a brand new car. A one year old with 0-5k on the clock would be the sensible buy.

timwillows
    Free Member

Looks like £22k, nice but too much money!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Deals on cars’ is closed to new replies.