Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Dead Cats Body
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Came out of the house this morning to find my cat dead next.
    Ok, i dont have a garden to bury it in. What do i do with the body? Wheelie Bin?
    River?

I honestly have no idea

aP
    Free Member

Double bagged and bin. Or Pet Cemetary?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Most vets offer a cremation service.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I can see you’re quite upset about it. Chin up fella.

cranberry
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Your vet should be able to advise you on what to do next.

peterfile
    Free Member

I can see you’re quite upset about it. Chin up fella.

hahah, I had a Real Life™ chuckle at that 🙂

bearnecessities

If it’s not via the vet, I believe you contact your council.

Sorry chap.

bencooper
    Free Member

Local park?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Ours went on the boiler (big old Russian coal burner), got a free hot shower out of it.

Best thing the cat ever did.

samuri
    Free Member

Since you’re so cut up about it, can I recommend this.

http://www.dna2diamonds.com/pet-diamonds

natrix
    Free Member

There’s a 101 uses for a dead cat…………

Smudger666

bag it and bin it is what we’ve done in the past.

Kids (now 16 and 18) found out a wee while ago that their pets aren’t buried up the hill opposite where they thought they were. apparently I’m heartless.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Its not that i didnt like ‘cat’, But i have a dog called Burt who is well nicer and not once has he killed a Robin on Christmas day to leave on the doorstep. Burt fetches sticks, Cat brought things in i didnt want. birds, mice etc.
    Now i have to ring Mrs Fiola to explain why we’re a family member down.

molgrips
    Free Member

Found a dead can on the road outside our house once. Couldn’t leave it there to be smeared all over the road so put it in a bin bag. Went looking for a quiet spot in the park to bury it but found nothing discreet enough. There was a vet a few doors down that was closed, best idea we could come up with was to leave it on their doorstep like some kind of threat.

As it happened there was someone inside anyway, she was very nice, took the bag and seemed to know what to do so presumably it wasn’t the first time.

hora
    Free Member
    jekkyl

BBQ?

hora
    Free Member

Katsu curry?

geoffj

As it happened there was someone inside anyway, she was very nice, took the bag and seemed to know what to do so presumably it wasn’t the first time.

Double bagged it and put it in the commercial waste probably.

When one of ours had to be put down at the vet, they wanted something around £20 for it to be cremated by a contracting company they used. I brought (frozen) kitty home and buried her in the garden.

If you’re not sentimentally affected, double bagging and binning is the obvious choice.

growinglad
    Free Member

find my cat dead

Hmmmmm

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Molgrips – never had you down as a minesweeper

molgrips
    Free Member

A what?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Found a dead CAN

Minesweeping – the act of searching through other peoples unfinished alcoholic beverages in the hope of finding an unattended treasure for the consumption of the thrifty minesweeper

Basically – a crap joke calling you a tramp.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Put it on freecycle?

P.S. Sorry for your loss

mogrim

The people suggesting double-bagging the cat before dumping it in a bin: do you do the same with food waste? Say a bit of chicken that’s past its use-by date?

hora
    Free Member

I remember (when we had a Westie) I was driving to work and spotted a familiar looking sight- a westie) at the side of the road. I stopped, checked its collar for a number etc so rang my local vets.

Conversation – ‘can you wrap it up and bring it down so we can scan it for a chip’

-err no.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

in light of the post above.. try the food waste bin

Xylene
    Free Member
    coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bike stand?

qtip

Burt fetches sticks, Cat brought things in i didnt want.

What do you want sticks for?

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Sticks are good for throwing?

gazc
    Free Member

i once saw a cat get run over in the street as me and my mate were walking back from the chippy eating chips and curry sauce. the poor lass driving was distraught and crying and had to be consoled by a passer by. the cat was still alive and whimpering but was totally beyond retrieval – back end totally squished with guts everywhere 😕 so some old geezer from a house opposite managed to get the girl to drive off saying he’ll get the RSPCA out and when she’d gone he went off got his spade and gave a right good finishing off, scraped it up and lobbed it in his wheelie bin. didn’t eat the rest of my chips…

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

If you live near a river or lake/pond then I suggest some sort of Viking send off, you could use some fireworks to liven it up a bit.
    Alternatively, if you have some expanding foam and gaffer tape you could give DIY taxidermy a try for a permanent reminder of your beloved pet.

VanHalen

whatever you do, dont take it in a box to teh owners house and, when having a 7yr old kid answer show them said cat and ask ‘have i killed your cat’ and on seeing nodding kid give kid cat in box.

from experience its not nice for the kid especially as the kid wont know what to do with said cat and the mum will go ape when she finds it on teh kitchen worktop.

boxelder

…….not a baby robin? On Christmas day……

tthew

I remember (when we had a Westie) I was driving to work and spotted a familiar looking sight- a westie) at the side of the road. I stopped, checked its collar for a number etc so rang my local vets.
    Conversation – ‘can you wrap it up and bring it down so we can scan it for a chip’
    -err no.

What did you expect the vet to do? Go and collect it themselves to try and trace the owner? You’d have been better to phone the council street cleaning team.

nach
    Free Member

I had a temp job in a clinical waste incinerator when I was 18. The big lift that winched trade waste bins up to the furnace had a sign declaring “All bins must be decanted to 250KG”, and in marker pen “UNLESS IT’S A BIN FULL OF DEAD PETS”

cblair246
    Free Member

Honestly the funniest thread I have read in a while, from start to finish.

Nach, the question is how many dead cats do you get to 250kg???

jamierevel
    Free Member

A friend of mine had a similar problem. He bagged it and dumped it in the trade waste bin behind his local Chinese restaurant.

crazy-legs

A friend of mine had a similar problem. He bagged it and dumped it in the trade waste bin behind his local Chinese restaurant.

…where it was later found by the owner of the Chinese restaurant, retrieved and turned into Peking Duck.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Dead Cats Body’ is closed to new replies.