Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Dead cat
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

You hit a cat,  its sadly very departed what do you do?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

Check for a tag, knock on the doors around where you hit it and ask if it’s anyones, scrape it up and give it a quick funeral laying it in a nearby hedge.

Drac

jekkyl

Make a lasagne?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t have it stuffed and mounted on a nice piece of mahogany with a little brass plaque.

That would be a catastrophe.

Drac

On a more serious note local vets, it may be chipped or they may recognise it.

tomd
    Free Member

If our local facebook news page is anything to go by: flee the country. Regardless of what you do you’ll be outed as a cat murdering beast and hounded. Children getting injured on the road elicits a less extreme response strangely.

theotherjonv

find a local vet and see if it’s microchipped.

Then as above give a false name and run away.

Asking at local houses is a lovely idea but it’s school holidays, do you really want to be stood at the door holding Tiddles earthly remains when little Alice answers it.

footflaps

find a local vet and see if it’s microchipped.

+1

Someone will want to know what happened to their pet.

Dickyboy

Spencer’s Croft cat?

redmist
    Free Member

Only time it happened to me, did exactly as andyl (Don’t worry I didn’t hit it, but was following the car that did). This was in the days before microchips etc were common. Felt bad leaving in a hedge but hopefully owners nearby found it afterwards.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Judging by facebook microchips arent common, plenty of irresponsible owners.

If you are nice & have time take it to a vets for scanning.

If not then put it by the side of the road & local cats protection peoples fb page will go nuts when someone spots it & they will go & collect.

rene59
    Free Member

Hit it again just to make sure.

redmex
    Free Member

I like cats so do the right thing and show it a wee bit respect, if it was a dog it should have been on a lead not so keen on dugs

Expecting the pelters on here soon

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kick it into the curb and carry on?

footflaps

Judging by facebook microchips arent common, plenty of irresponsible owners.

In what way is not chipping a cat irresponsible?

franksinatra

Don’t worry I didn’t hit it, but was following the car that did

Of course you didn’t…..

cheers_drive

If our local facebook news page is anything to go by: flee the country. Regardless of what you do you’ll be outed as a cat murdering beast and hounded. Children getting injured on the road elicits a less extreme response strangely.

100% this, someone posted on our local facebook page that they saw a car hit a cat at on a NSL A road at night and some of the comments were unbelievable. A Cat’s life (all 9 of them) are worth more than a cyclist’s apparently.

tpbiker
    Free Member

. A Cat’s life (all 9 of them) are worth more than a cyclist’s apparently.

I guess someone had to get this is right..

jekkyl

Any Chinese takeaways nearby?

andyl
    Free Member

I was going to say scrape it up and take it to the vets to be scanned but by the sounds of the OP “very departed” suggests this might be a bit messy and chances are it’s not microchipped. Despite it being law that all dogs are from 8 weeks there is a lot that arent.

You don’t have to take the cat to the door, you just knock and if a kid opens the door ask to speak to mummy or daddy.

welshfarmer

Stick it in a sealed box. That way you can tell yourself it may in fact still be alive,

or maybe not..

joshvegas
    Free Member

If a kid answers the door

“do you have a cat?”

*Sucks thumb* “no we dod’t have a cattywatty”

“Ah well… Want one?”

perchypanther
    Free Member

“do you have a cat?”

“Yes”

“Is it a red one?”

Squidlord
    Free Member

“do you have a cat?”

“Yes”

“Was it a red one?”

FTFY

poah
    Free Member

Stick it in a sealed box. That way you can tell yourself it may in fact still be alive,

or maybe not..

that’s not how the thought experiment works

fasthaggis

@ the OP

There is always a person somewhere worrying about a lost cat.

It’s quiet in the house tonight, we are all quiet.

She doesn’t know where her brother is.

I watch her checking around the garden, all the usual spots,where he would pounce and chase her down the path, but no ,not anymore, no ambush . We can’t tell her that he didn’t make that dash across the road, so he won’t be around to annoy her,but when she comes in I talk to her anyway, and tell her about the incredibly nice human that saw her brother get hit by the car, that took the time to stop and try to help , then drove him to a vet and waited with him till the end. She never left her name, but from the bottom of my heart ,thank you so much for that selfless act ,of caring for someone else’s pet and letting us know .He was the best of cats.

Rich_s

In what way is not chipping a cat irresponsible?

I got much better response, power and meows per can of cat food when I chipped our cat. Highly recommended.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Tea towel holder

leffeboy

Your local Tesco also uses the same RFID chips to tag produce so you could just take it and self scan it*

And well done@cfh. We all knew that pic was coming but 2nd post is good

*I may have made that up…

Cougar

Your local Tesco also uses the same RFID chips to tag produce so you could just take it and self scan it

So… a cat scan?

IHN

Well, MartynS off of here just left it on our drive, where he’d driven over it…

RIP Sooty :’-(

mrmo
    Free Member

On the couple of occasions I have cycled past dead cats, I have picked them up put them at the side of the road, quick look for collar, note where I am and what cat looks like. Then let RSPCA and Cats Protection know details.

Keando

@leffeboy Just thinking about scanning at the self service checkout… If the RFID is scanned and not recognised will the red flashing beacon draw attention to you? If it is recognised then you’ll have to place it on the scales and pay for it…

mechanicaldope

How much is a couple of kilos of cat meat anyway?

mechanicaldope

And do you think they would de-bone it for you?

myti
    Free Member

Definitely report to vets/shelters. I have a friend of my dad’s who’s only company at home was his big tabby and he went missing 2 months ago. He is so sad and constantly posting on Facebook how he’s been to look at a cat at the shelter that might be his and it never is. It would have been so nice for him to have closure but I fear someone hit him and he’s probably in a bush or bin.

funkmasterp

Find the owner and then make them a gift so they will always remember their feline friend

Sandwich

So… a cat scan?

Don’t ask for a follow up lab report.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Dead cat’ is closed to new replies.