Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Dave Hinde Racing … Now what to I do?
  • theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Ok, so I bought some forks from DH, before realising that they don’t give a toss about the customer once they have your money. Short version …

1) Forks didn’t turn up
    2) They lied twice about despatching the forks
    3) Cancelled the order (and bought alternative froks from CRC)
    4) Got credit card company on case. DH have “promised” to provide full refund at end of October (because I just missed their two week refund schedule)
    5) 2 weeks after cancelling the order the forks from DH turn up. It is clear from the old postage labelling that at the time I bought them (and they were lying to me about despatching them – both times) they did not have the forks in stock

So I now have two sets of unused forks. What do I do?

I’m tempted to keep the DH forks and return the forks I bought from CRC. The logic being that I will definitely get a refund from CRC, and I really can’t face the prospect of having to pay the cost of returning the forks to DH and then hoping that they remember to give me my refund.

What would you do?

Del

you will definitely get a refund from DH if you have the CC company on their case.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Tell DH to collect them themselves after they’ve refunded your cash? If something goes wrong with the forks I’d rather deal with CRC than DH….

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member
    Tell DH to collect them themselves after they’ve refunded your cash? If something goes wrong with the forks I’d rather deal with CRC than DH….

That’s a good point. I’d only been thinking about this point in time. Thinks

peachos
    Free Member

don’t tell DH. sell the forks. keep pressing for refund.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Are the forks identical? If they are return the CRC ones because they are much better at returns (I have returned some shoes under warranty and they were actually lovely about it).

I would avoid dealing with dave hinde again if I were you. I am currently trying to get a refund for some wheels that were built wrong and I am roughly a step away from taking them to court over the matter.

If you do want to take them head on I recommend you go to citizens advice and get letter templates that you can send them (didn’t work for me) or you can start quoting the distance selling regs seen as the forks are unused any normal and decent company would issue a refund with no quarrels, I would not expect the same service from Hinde. If you then don’t get on with the letters give CA a ring and they will talk you through the next steps, after all that has fallen through (which it will), trading standards will get involved to help you try to resolve the matter and make sure that when you do take them to court that your case is as strong as it could be.

Once you are at court I have no idea what will happen, I am not that far down the line with my lovely dave hinde racing products.

Edit: When it comes to charge back as well I was told by CA and trading standards that most banks now only do charge back for purchases over a certain amount, for my bank its £250 so it would cost me money to get them to chase my purchase.

Northwind

maximusmountain – Member

Are the forks identical? If they are return the CRC ones because they are much better at returns (I have returned some shoes under warranty and they were actually lovely about it).

Naaahhhh. Because that leaves you with a relationship with the bawbag, and also leaves you reliant on them for warranty. It’ll be harder to sort everything now with Dave Hinde but better in the long run. And leaves CRC picking up the tab for the fud’s fudness.

Del

and their tactic will have paid off.

bigjim

Return the dave hinde ones, they need to learn, though to be honest by now it is clear they don’t care about customers, or learning, just getting money in.

A friend has also just had a nightmare with DH, same situation, buying things shown as in stock that clearly aren’t, fobbed off with excuses for weeks, then the item being dispatched regardless after cancelling through the bank.

The bank and distance selling regs are your friend. I can’t believe dave hinde are still in business, such a nightmare.

wwaswas

get refund from DH *then* return forks to DH.

I would suggest to phone them saying you’ll post ‘today’ every day for 3 weeks but it just sounds vindictive.

crazy-legs

What forks are they? If they’re Bombers then you should take them to DH yourself… 😉

ThePinkster

I’m amazed no-one has done an AntiDaveHinde website like that shambolic Anti-SSC one that was around a few weeks ago.

It might be more use TBH.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Dick Head has been **** people round since those sticker for ur crud guard came in MBUK.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Once DH have refunded you, advise them you have their forks, but its up to them to arrange collection. Unsolicited goods isn’t it?

eskay

If you do ever consider ordering from Dave Hinde, use PayPal. As soon as I raised a dispute, he paid right up. Having said that I had received some abuse on the phone and had a few unanswered phone calls. I wish the shop was around here….!

DougD

Return DH ones, if you ever have issues with the forks down the line CRC will be easier to deal with

sugdenr
    Free Member

Do what DH did and just deny they ever arrived!

Legally you rescinded the contract and they acknowledged this, so you are still entitled to refund and DH have to come and collect the forks. You write/email them and tell them they have a reasonable time (14 days) to do this else you will dispose of them.

Send a letter before action (google it for template) for your refund then fill out a moneyclaimonline

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Once DH have refunded you

That’s a big assumption right there. If they are that useless at getting some bike parts too you, how efficient do you think they will be at getting actual cash to you?

baznav73
    Free Member

A mate of mine was going to buy a dura ace groupset off them once because they were cheap and was told it was in stock ready for dispatch, luckily he told me before ordering and I told him to ring back the next day and as a new customer and say he would pick it up from the shop, wadaya know not available for collection.

mega
    Free Member

how is this DH shop still open? I never hear anything but bad press about them – are they super cheap or something?

I’m sure they fulfill most orders but they do seem to have more issues than most

compositepro
    Free Member

why has no one just been and pointed out they will break the guys nose?

jesus christ folks only get away with shit because they can

boxfish
    Free Member

If I’ve learnt one thing from the STW forum, it’s to avoid buying stuff from Dave Hinde over the internet.

bazingaeuan

I’m sorry to hear this – I finally got a refund today (well not a refund from DH but from my bank – they can get the money back from him). Had my money since July 11th and I asked for a refund on the 7th of August – on the 24th of October I got it back. Lied to on multiple occasions left hand doesn’t know (or care) what the right hand is doing. This whole two week thing is a sham to postpone refunding you. If they miss it once or there is a problem then wa hey! Another two weeks pass!

I’d dearly love to see the look on their faces if BBC’s Watchdog or Rogue Traders or something popped in to see them.

I can’t believe the 600 odd hard working folk at Grangemouth refinery may lose their jobs and these bunch of cowboys carry on (not really related but hey ho).

To answer your question – Dave Hinde do not deserve your money. If you go down that road of a refund be prepared to wait 30 days and then however long your bank take to refund you. Have a drafted ‘portfolio’ of evidence to send to your bank to get your money back and post it as soon as it reaches 30 days. Anything that happens after 30 days constitutes criminal behaviour and a restriction of your statutory rights. The alternative you say is to get a straightforward refund from crc but DH staff will most likely laugh at you down the phone if you want help in the future. Can’t you use any Rock Shox dealer for a warranty claim though?

If we’re using this analogy where do DH fit in?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32iCWzpDpKs[/video]

RANT OVER…

bazingaeuan

Oh and check out this Newspaper Article funny though eh. When I call asking for him he’s never in.

Oh yeah and “Comments are closed on this article”

Kahurangi

why has no one just been and pointed out they will break the guys nose?

1. The internet is full of ‘hard men’ who will threaten physical violence all day long, so such a threat would probably be laughed at.

2. I don’t think DH is a small chap.

3. People order via mail order because they might not live within a reasonable distance of DH’s shop.

bazingaeuan

I’d happily start a facebook group for the sufferers of dave hinde but I don’t think Facebook allows that sort of thing these days.

Phil_H

Dave Hinde racing team have a facebook page 😈

bigjim

Maybe some kind of coordination to get everyone affected to report it to Watchdog or rogue traders would be good. This way of running the ‘business’ must be intentional.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

bigjim – Member
    Maybe some kind of coordination to get everyone affected to report it to Watchdog or rogue traders would be good. This way of running the ‘business’ must be intentional.

Hear, hear!

Does anyone here know anyone involved with either of those shows? Surely we can get some sort of connection made!

bazingaeuan

I’ve already ‘sent my story’ to watchdog. There is a Web form to complete. Not heard anything back yet though.

hora
    Free Member

Ring the DH shop up and wind up the owner?

This should become a new party game. Ring the Pizza or taxi place? No! Ring DH and toy with his emotions.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d happily start a facebook group for the sufferers of dave hinde but I don’t think Facebook allows that sort of thing these days.

Just make sure you have some decapitation videos on there, and you’ll be fine.

No swearing or boobies, though. As we’re not animals.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hora, combine the two – Order a pizza or fifty. Delivery address? Sure, it’s…..

😈

hora
    Free Member

I wonder how many people have posted on his FB page and been swiftly edited off?

bazingaeuan

I ‘tweeted’ my frustrations and got told that this is the race team and not the shop etc etc

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

bazingaeuan – Member
    Oh and check out this Newspaper Article funny though eh. When I call asking for him he’s never in.

Oh yeah and “Comments are closed on this article”

I saw that article too. He sounds like a good fella 🙄

So, I decided to write to the author Gina Bebbington (gbebbington@guardiangrp.co.uk) to explain that there is another side to this lovely character that they may want to write about as a follow up article.

I also liked the idea of writing to BBCs Watchdog, so will do that now.

nosedive
    Free Member

brilliant. would love to see this on watchdog

bazingaeuan

I emailed her too. I wonder how long it takes to get this thread reported as slander.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hinde Racing … Now what to I do?’ is closed to new replies.