Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • Daughter has been punched in school!!!
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ok, very peed off at the moment so apologies for poor spelling and random swearing. Currently away on a course and get a call this afternoon from Feetjnr tp say a girl in school has punched her (both 14yrs)
    Girl who did the punching has been confined to solitary learning for the day but will be back in general population tomorrow.
    Apparently Feetjnr had slagged said girl off on social media but after (thorough) checking this didn’t happen.
    School have said that no further punishment othrr than a day of solitary for the violent little sh$$.
    Soooo…what to do next?

Edukator
    Free Member

martial arts classes.

allthegear
    Free Member

Huh? Kids have fights at school. Happens lots, doesn’t it?? Always did when I was there.

Rachel

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

🙄

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

So my daughter getting punched is ok then?

seosamh77
    Free Member

lethal injection would seem the most humane way forward.

legend
    Free Member

How do you know she hasn’t deleted the posts?

weeksy

Do? Nothing really.

scotroutes

What do you think would be a more appropriate response?

Does the perpetrator have “previous”?

seosamh77
    Free Member

monkeysfeet – Member

depends on the whole story.

scotroutes

Have you reported her parents to Social Services?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@legend, we check her social media regularly and it isn’t something she would do. She isn’t that type of kid.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Beat the crap out of her dad?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Learn her to punch back then, martial art classes.

enfht
    Free Member

Sounds like ‘snooker ball in sock’ time.

“Where’s your tool?”…

scotroutes

What do you think was the real motive behind the punch then?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Not nice of course…..

But kids do have scraps..

What would you like to see happen to the little offender?

scotroutes

FFS – standards!

jekkyl

take direct action: Slag her family off on social media.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

FFS – standards!

Too easy.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Pretty sure there’s two sides to every story.
    I may be wrong tho.

rs
    Free Member

presumably it wasn’t totally random and your daughter got punched for a reason, whether she deleted it, said it face to face, or even rumors jnr said something, not saying its ok but when these thing started when I was at school there was usually a reason.

legend
    Free Member

monkeysfeet – Member

@legend
    , we check her social media regularly and it isn’t something she would do. She isn’t that type of kid.

Wouldn’t be 100% on that, you never surprise your parents when you were growing up? Of course, the other girl must just be a full-blown nutter that goes around punching people for no reason? Alternatively there’s a truth somewhere between the two

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Spoke to head of year who said a group of them confronted daughter who said it wasn’t her and on of them just punched her. Until I get to speak to the teachers that’s all i know.

thegreatape
    Free Member

To he honest, unless there are other circumstances that we’re unaware of, it seems the school have dealt with it reasonably.

If I was the parent of the child punched, I dare say I’d think the school hadn’t done enough. If I was the parent of the guilty child, I might well think they’d been over the top. Since I’m an objective outsider, which neither of the above can ever be, I’d say the school have probably gone about it the right way.

project
    Free Member

kids fight adults fight, families and freinds fight, or do you live in some sort of utopian paralel universe, school have taken action, end of mills and boon novel

Northwind

monkeysfeet – Member

confined to solitary
    back in general population tomorrow.

Just checking, she is in school, not Oswald State Penitentiary?

Kryton57

I’d be hoping that you’ve educated your daughter with enough tolerance and ammunition to deal with the situation herself.

Kids fight all the time, and managing the little mites propensity for jealousy, arguments, tussles over a football etc is all part of their growing up process.

My kids 7. He’s very tolerant as we’ve taught to continue to ask people not to say/do anything again, and repeat. I quote happily taught him that if another kid deliberately punches him and does not stop when asked punch him back.

Shock horror gasp I hear the PC brigade go, but they need to learn to stand up for themselves correctly. And this involves making a situational judgement taught by the parents.

I’m sorry your daughter got punched, but the other child got punished, and your responsibility is to ensure she knows how to prevent it happening again.

teasel
    Free Member

This, of course.

In fact it’s probably already being arranged as you type…

seosamh77
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Just checking, she is in school, not Oswald State Penitentiary?😆

Edukator
    Free Member

Your daughter getting punched isn’t OK. I had mild issues with offspring getting attacked, taught him some self-defence and informed the head what I’d taught him. End of problems for junior, start of more effective policing of play time. (you learn some interesting things working on army bases 😉 )

sweaman2
    Free Member

It’s been far too many years since I was that age and sweajnr isn’t there yet. I threw the odd punch and was punched but in every case it was the final straw after a long escalation of hostilities not a random attack.

So one of mistaken identity, something was said / done or someone telling the perpetrator false hoods.

I’m not sure there is a lot you can do for an isolated incident. If it isn’t isolated (i.e happens again) then take steps with school. Also would depend if perpetrator is a repeat offender…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Pretty sure there’s two sides to every story.
    I may be wrong tho.

Wrong. There’s three.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Just bloody annoyed. She has only been at the school for 6 months. School probably have acted correctly, I don’t want it to escalate to full on bullying. I know girls can be real nasty things at times.

weeksy

Kryton I’m with you. My lad was recently having issues with a big kid in school. We told him to tell the teacher etc. However I told him that if he smacks him in the nose I certainly won’t have an issue with it.

Fighting bad, smacking bullies, good

binners

always worth checking the size of the dad before this course of action. And how many really bad tattoos he’s got on his neck, what mates he did time with, how many steroids he takes, etc, etc…..

slimjim78
    Free Member

what if its a story about hexagons?

theotherjonv

difficult without knowing all the facts including what the other girl is like. If she’s a repeated offender and this is ‘all’ she got for the attack then it seems rather light; on the other hand she might be a model pupil who’s been repeatedly harassed on social media and (wrongly, it appears) had belief your daughter was involved when the straw broke the camel’s back.

No, it’s not OK to punch other kids hence why she has been punished. But I’d rely on the school to decide what is appropriate in that respect.

km79
    Free Member

weeksy

We can understand your anger, we’d all be angry, but I’m not sure what you think we can seriously suggest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Daughter has been punched in school!!!’ is closed to new replies.