• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dash Cams
  • MrTricky
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend please? I was taken out in the car by a numpty who entered a roundabout without looking but there are no witnesses…… So, to avoid this happening in the future, I want to get a dash cam. Ideally would like to leave it in place, but has anyone doing this had it pinched? Did you get a rear facing one as well? Any experience of fitting, e.g. Halfords. Any to go for/avoid (eBay has millions!!!!!!!!!!)?

Cheers

David

downshep

The Nextbase one that Halfords sell for £150 gets good reviews. I use a Garmin VIRB as it can be unclipped and used for biking, sledging, snorkelling etc.

Muke
    Free Member

Mobius

wicki
    Free Member

Amazon has loads for as little as a tenner, a friend told me he got 10 percent of his insurance for having one makes it self funding in the first year.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Transcend something. 50 quid. Works very well.

windyg
    Free Member

Before I got my GoPro I had a SJ400 I now use it as a dash cam as it has a car mode so you have motion detection, reg number of your car, time and date stamp, I just use a cheap suction mount off ebay so easily come off.

pennine
    Free Member

Nextbase in 2 cars

scotroutes

I’ve just been using my mobile phone in a cradle. I use the AutoGuard app.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

+1 Mobius

v8ninety

cheap and cheerful small, unobtrusive, 1080p, circa £50 and just works. We’ve got several in the family; would heartily reccomend.

bamboo
    Free Member

I keep thinking I should get one of these but I really want it to be fit and forget and out of sight of the driver. How do you all get on with yours in this respect?

cbike
    Free Member

Judging by Youtube, dashcam users in the UK are really shit drivers. More incidents in a month than I get in 20 years.

simmy
    Free Member

Depending on your budget, a colleague of mine has one of these

https://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-products/dr500hd-non-gps-and-wi-fi-53-55-detail

They are pretty small and tuck behind the interior mirror so are not obvious from the outside.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dash Cams’ is closed to new replies.