Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Dark evenings are here, time for winter hobbies! (model making content)
  • samuri
    Free Member

Tank and train are ace.

somafunk

Big kudos to IanMunro – that steam engine is a work of genuine beauty and i’d love to have the equipment and shed to build something like that. I’ve always wanted to attempt to build my own perpetual motion machine but i’ve only got as far as a rough design sketch using what engineering knowledge i learned at uni with 25+ years experience of hitting chunks of metal with hammers, one day it will come but i’ve only just turned 40 so there’s plenty of time left yet….hopefully.

Not a model as such but i did help my mate fully restore his 1936 MG TA as entered in the Monte Carlo rally of that year with full race history and many wins to it’s credit a few years ago, restored to a “better than new” condition but unfortunately we’ve not had the time to really use it over the past few years as we’ve both been so busy, he’ has the full history of the car including pictures of “Himmler” ( i believe it’s him, could be another one of those fruitcakes) sitting in the passenger seat along with the entire cars Race history, it’s fantastic fun to drive and this model has a 1272cc “racing spec”engine producing a whopping 59 BHP, top speed of ?, but you can get it to 70 mph no problem, 0-60 mph time of 20seconds or thereabouts and the attention and hoots of encouragement when driving it just bring a grin to your face, Ash chassis and full service every 1000 odd miles, we’ve done less than 600 miles in the past 7 years though but it’s stored in a climate controlled garage so it’s as good as the day it left the production line.

He may be up for selling it if anyone is interested – roundabout £35,000 with the special history connected to it.

tommytowtruck

Ian, that train is brilliant. What scale/gauge?

goon
    Free Member

Models get made all year round here. The Forger was my last finished:

john_drummer
    Free Member

got an Academy 1/48 Mig 21 on the go at the moment. just masking up the canopy ready for airbrushing

sam69
    Free Member

that rc tank is awesome

john_drummer
    Free Member

here are some I did earlier:

Tamiya 1:35 Pzkpfw IV Ausf J

Revell 1:72 Messerschmitt Me262B1a

Tamiya 1:48 M10

Andy

This is my Winter project. Its going on the sitting room wall when finished 8) :

Where it has been for the last 10 years on the office wall

checking for fit

After respray (they go the panels wrong so it went back..)

Next part of build

Will be Nuovo Record from 1979 throughout 8)

Oh and that Engine is awesome!

IanMunro
    Free Member

tommytowtruck,
    It’s 16mm/foot scale which means it runs on O gauge(32mm) or G(45mm) gauge tracks. The wheel spacing is adjustable.
    Just started a 3 1/2″ gauge one yesterday, which should be big enough to haul a couple of people, so might put a tender in for the West Coast rail franchise when it’s finished.
    Love that MG somafunk, that’s a proper thing of beauty!

sam69
    Free Member

lovely tanks

Daniel
    Free Member

I built my boys a Toylander…

Then I built myself one…

tomhoward

My jealousy levels are off the scale right now. Curse my lack of talent, dexterity and patience!

john_drummer
    Free Member

done a Panther (1:35, Tamiya), another M10 (1:35) in British colours, with crew, and an M18 Hellcat (1:35, both Academy) since those photos were taken.

Mig 21 now has full camo pattern & is ready for gloss coat & decals. Photo shortly

john_drummer
    Free Member

M18 Hellcat

M18 Hellcat

M10 Achilles

M10 Achilles

Pzkpfw V Panther Ausf A

Mig 21 Fishbed J

guitar picks for scale

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone interested in these 🙂 As ther seem to be some pro modellers here 🙂

I’m going to stick them on Ebay but I thought I’d mention here first.

UNUSED.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/sets/72157631721378959/

Airbrush Kit by SGMTB, on Flickr

Airbrush Kit by SGMTB, on Flickr

MrGrim

Daniel – They are brilliant. Did you go with the usual plans I see advertised in the Landy monthlies for the Toylander or did you do your own thing?

BenjiM

Here’s my most recent build a 1:48 P47-N. John Drummer is that the Academy mig? I did one last year. It’s a nice kit.

Slideshow here

1:48 Beaufighter

1:72 Harrier GR9

sam69
    Free Member

JOHN DRUMMER how many tanks have you built? look awesome

spacemonkey

Digging this thread guys 🙂

If you’re looking for a retro OR contemporary fix of something radio controlled then check out ModelSport UK.

Still have a couple of untouched kits somewhere upstairs … don’t have the time these days 🙁

kaesae
    Free Member

Some interesting hobbies, like the look of those models and the train/engine is Awsome.

I’m thinking of testing out an HHO for my car over the next few months, apparently you can improve fuel efficiency, however that might just be BS.

john_drummer
    Free Member

PzIV – 1:35
    Panther – 1:35
    A10 x2, 1:48 & 1:35
    M18 – 1:35
    Sherman – 1:48

that’s it really.
    done a few planes & helis too

john_drummer
    Free Member

sorrym M10, not A10. A10 has wings

BenjiM – that Jug is lovely

sam69
    Free Member

john drummer can you email me photos of all your tanks please

john_drummer
    Free Member

they’re all up there ^ apart from the Sherman.

all here: http://s1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/john_drummer/

john_drummer
    Free Member

latest project:

Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha XV1000 Virago

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I’m thinking of testing out an HHO for my car over the next few months, apparently you can improve fuel efficiency, however that might just be BS. “

fruitloop.

bet you click on these “the invention power companies dont want you to know about free home power ” adverts on mtbr

love that series 1 up there , that lot must have cost you a pretty penny as its mint ! – is it original or replicated parts ?

goon
    Free Member

Just finished my T-34C Turbo Mentor. My first limited run kit, with all that entails.

compositepro
    Free Member

scroll down and keep clicking the pictures….it is worth it

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/park.htm

photoetch shennanigens might keep you occupied for the remainder of lifes winters

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Dark evenings are here, time for winter hobbies! (model making content)’ is closed to new replies.