Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Dalbeattie or Ae ?
  • RobinL

We did Ae last week for the first time and enjoyed it, we've done Dalbeattie three times previously and had great fun.

We've also done Kirroughtree and Glentress a couple of times and Mabie just the once.

Mabie is possibly the least favorite ( IMHO ), but overall ….

They're all damn good fun !!

Do which ever you fancy and then do the other on the next trip 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

RobbieG, I don't know where you got your info from re Ae, but I ask you this, how many sections of Dalbeattie have had to be rebuilt? Apply this to Ae and you'll get my drift.

Agree with Hobo, first 2 or 3 times on Ae and I thought it was awesome, not any more. Shame that, I'd love it if they were all built well, and thought out well, but that's just not the case.

rj
    Free Member

I agree with James about Ae. It used to be one of my favourite trails, but as they've tried to repair the damage after logging, bits which used to be fun are now a bit of a slog. The newer bits which cut out a lot of the fire road still haven't bedded in very well and I don't find them a lot of fun. It undoubtedly has good bits, just not enough to compensate for the rest IMHO. However, I fully appreciate that many people quite like Ae. Far be it from me to suggest that this indicates a deficit in either taste or judgement.
    Just go to Kiroughtree, everyone like it there.

RobbieG
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge,

I didn't say Ae has never had any sections rebuilt, so not sure where that came from? All I stated was Ae has been fully open since March and I get that info from riding there. The Dalbeattie info comes from the Forestry Commission post on here. I'm not sticking up for or slating either trail, I personally like them both.

I also hear there's now a trail building volunteer group at Ae and work starts next weekend. From what I heard there's a few sections of the red route that are going to get a bit of work done on them to make them more rider friendly for those who don't like the rough stuff. If your one of the people who keeps whinging about Ae (that's not a dig at you personally) time to put up or shut up, if you get my drift 🙂

Get on the tools brother and get some beer in your fridge.

Trekster

Become a DemonTrail Demons Wanted …

If your available to help build trails at Ae on Saturday 14th November then get in touch with Steve on 01387 860541. No experience neccessary, just a willingness to work and help improve the trails here at Ae Forest. If your up for it you'll need to let us know in advance, turn up at 9am for around 4 hours work. You'll get a free lunch and time to ride the trails in the afternoon. Come and join the team.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie or Ae ?’ is closed to new replies.