Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • dairy related paranoia
  • iDave
    Free Member

my flatmate has hidden the butter – all traces are gone. yesterday they polished off the last few slices of a loaf of bread I’d been saving for lots of toast after yesterdays ride. i know they think it was ‘their’ loaf and I’d been eating it by mistake. But it was mine, bought in a rare moment of bread lust. their revenge has been to eliminate the kerrygold that I smuggled into the country. i suspect it’s in a bank vault now. I’m too old for this sharing of living space and food stalinism. I’m going to try and find some kerrygold in these foreign shores, cut the block down to the approximate size of the missing block and put it back in the fridge before I leave on weds*. just because I can.

* I’m unlikely to proceed with this plan

ElVino

In case you do, Waitrose normally have it

hels
    Free Member

Ah that brings back memories.

I had some flatmates once who really didn’t like each other. We all shared food btw.

Flatmate 1 left a snarky note on the 1kg block of cheese “please wrap the cheese or it goes mouldy” or something passive aggressive like that.

Flatmate 2 came home drunk and went upstairs for bubble-wrap, duct tape, thermal blamkets, you name it, had to move everything else out of the fridge to get it in.

That was proper Dairy Wars that.

glenh
    Free Member

Do you live in The Young Ones?

fontmoss
    Free Member

hijack, idave can you post the stuff sac when you get back…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like they don’t give edam.

oddjob
    Free Member

If you’re in Geneve then go for the President butter. If you’re in the UK, why on earth aren’t you eating Lurpack.

I love butter, and bread for that matter, but (because of you) I don’t get to eat it much these days 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

As a committed renegade, I have retaliated by buying a small loaf of bread. Which I will hide and eat when they’re not here.

fontmoss, yes will do.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

is bread and butter allowed on the iDave diet?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As long as nobody knows you’ve eaten it…

iDave
    Free Member

I limit my bread/toast to this week immediately after 80km rides in the Jura as I’m in a grumpy mood.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s times like these that I’m glad of my early years of work in a dairy and never leaving the house without a cow.
    Can’t help on the bread thing I’m afraid.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can’t help on the bread thing I’m afraid.

I’ve got a yeast infection?

wwaswas

Cow buys the farm in ‘Darlington Rampage’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-15919216

The cow rammed into vans and parked cars on the Victoria Embankment area, and police said it ran towards people.

someone opened the fridge door in error.

wwaswas

Update:

They’ve also just had a penguin parade with live penguins in Darlington.

(Polar bears will be along later to see if they can get them out of their wrappers, apparently)

is the entire town taking stuff?

iDave
    Free Member

Why are there never any penguin parades where I live?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘dairy related paranoia’ is closed to new replies.