Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone had a Turner – warranty claim?
  • hora
    Free Member

Just wondering. They say you only see a companies customer service when you have an issue/problem with their product.

I’ve had forks go back for warranty work but only once a frame (On one who resolved it very quickly) and on the forks Fisher were very quick.

I’ve seen a few ‘wow’ posts on the internet in regards to Turner- just wondering if anyone has had any real experiences of Turner/importer backup?

coogan
    Free Member

I’ve always emailed them direct and they have always sorted me out. Never for a full warranty issue, but any questions I’ve had they’ve sorted and posted free parts too.

wwaswas

For someone who rarely owns something long enough for the paint to dry this is a somewhat surprising question 😉

hora
    Free Member

😆 – its happened almost straight away (emailed Turner) and they said it wouldn’t spread. It has.

MartynS

It was a long time ago when the company in Warrington was importing them.. can’t remember who they were. Anyway Frame went back for a re-coating, had a good sized chunk of the powdercoat come off by the front Mech. I was able to drop it off with the importer and I seem to remember it took about two weeks to sort out, which I thought was pretty damn good considering it went back to the States.

nbt

For someone who rarely owns something long enough for the paint to dry this is a somewhat surprising question

If it hasn’t made him a better rider it’s obviously faulty and needs fixing under warranty, after all everyone else who rides a turner is a good ride

FWIW I’ve heard that the support from Turner is brilliant, although the importers can be hot or cold

nbt

BTW turners aren’t painted, they’re anodized (or raw)

hora
    Free Member

I’m not debating good ride or not. I’m debating after sales service.

lowey

The old importer was Roundell… one man band outfit but he cared about his customers.

Bypass the importer in this case and email Greg or Dave with pictures. They will sort you out.

hora
    Free Member

Done that yesterday morning- Emailed importer/shop and Turner.

I’m abit worried that because I didn’t pay ‘full RRP’ that I might be treated lesser though as a customer.

handyman
    Free Member

Greg at turner is your man, i broke my 09 flux frame 3months out of the 2 year warranty and i asked if i could get a sultan frame instead so i got a o9/10 sultan frame and it arrived 2 weeks later It needed painting first hance the delay

nbt

Hora – stanley got his turner from the same place you did and the way Turner sorted his issue was exemplary

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

main pivot was fatter at the ends than the centre – emailed greg and he sent me a complete rebuild kit instead of just a new pivot, whch offset the cost of the park vernier scale I ‘needed’ to measure it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s just paint ffs! Ride it and it will get chipped, dirty and muddy.

Ugh!

faint
    Free Member

Silverfish done a warranty issue for me (via Wheelbase (seller)). Had good communication with Wheelbase, was getting a bit concerned about the length of time it seemd to take, but job done. Re-established my faith in the brand and the bike looks pukka.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve owned a 04 Rootbeer Heckler (2yrs), anodized silver Blur4x – 18months, plain orange Blur4x- 10months.

All showed signs of cable rub. None had paint flaking off (scab-like) leaving bare aluminium. Its faulty chunky. If it was secondhand I wouldn’t bother. Its new.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Any pictures of this disaster?

greeble
    Free Member

nbt, lots of Turner frames are painted from factory. you have the option of having your frame ano’ed
    I’ve owned 3 turner’s

1999 Turner Javelin that I rode until 2007 no less than 4 seasons in the alps
    This was replaced with a square tubed dhr after the headtube started to display signs of stress.
    This as alot of the square tubed dhr’s did cracked though the welds. on the shock mount between the top and down tubes.
    This was replaced with a round tube DHR.
    All questions and queries were made direct to Greg at Turner I tired to order parts from what was then Roundell mtb who were totally useless and I as well as many told Greg this. Who has since changed UK distributors.

to sum up

Amazing bikes
    Amazing backup

scruff
    Free Member

I’m sure you’ll get a 2011 version FOC 🙄

greeble
    Free Member

also

2-year frame warranty ::.
    Turner will repair or replace any Turner frame, Only if we determine it to be defective due to materials and /or workmanship. This 2 year warranty applies to the frameset Only (not including suspension components), ridden under normal conditions, properly maintained and is transferable to subsequent owners with original sales receipt.

Turner Bikes will make replacement parts available at a minimum charge in the event of a crash or other non- warranty situation. This replacement policy is good for all frames including those who have purchased their frames new or used.

turner-4-turner program ::.
    The Turner-4-Turner Trade-in Program allows a current Turner frame owner to send in their old Turner frame and receive a $600 credit off of the M.S.R.P of a brand new Turner frame. The frame trade-in program is extended to all Turner frames regardless of age or condition. Your old frame will then be recycled and you can feel good about doing your part to help the environment, not to mention having a new Turner to ride is the sweet icing on the proverbial cake.

yes even this bike can be exchanged

yoshimi

yoshimi – Member
    I recenly bought a Turner 5 Spot frame from Shiny off here. I was really pleased with it and built it up on staurday.
    Even after just throwing it together and a quick ride up and down the road it felt perfect straight away.

Then I decided I’d just whip the bearings out, give them a quick wipe, apply new grease and re-torque them. Everything went well until I came to the last seatstay one. It was really tight and I couldn’t undo it so I decided to tighten it an 1/8 of a turn just to break any threadlock……snap……the head came off the nut My heart sank as I realized what I’d just done.

Quick get the big hammer! But thaty would not shift it, I tried all sorts to press the broken bolt out of the frame but nothing worked. This is the point I should have walked away, had a think and remembered my dad’s an engineer who could have just popped it out with one of his many machines at work. But no, i reached for the drill…big mistake! After what felt like an hour of drilling with my garage floor covered in swarf and sweat the bit popped through the other side. Unfortunately it went through the rocker link as well

Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!!

Yesterday, after calming down I rang Turner in the States. I spoke to a great guy called Greg. I explained that I’d bought the frame second hand and told him about the drilling episode. After he stopped laughing I asked if I could buy a new rocker plate link and new bearings etc. He said, ‘don’t worry we all do stuff like that, I’ll get everything sent out to you today free of charge’.

BIG RESPECT TO TURNER BIKES

POSTED 1 YEAR AGO #

hora
    Free Member

I’m sure you’ll get a 2011 version FOC

Doubt it but I’d happily pay more/towards it. I’m not into free stuff. I pay my way 🙂

Saying that I’d also be happy with the frame repainted.

Trailseeker
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Trailseeker. Yes I struggled with it as its different to what I’m used to (namely mainly Santa Cruz) however I’m getting use to it now – last few descents in the Peaks have been business as usual. Thats not the topic though. Its customer service.

thomthumb
    Free Member

but only once a frame (On one who resolved it very quickly)

did you not have an issue with a dialled frame?

hora
    Free Member

No issues on a Dialled. It was a crack in a Summer Season.

stanley

Hi Hora,

As nbt mentioned, Turner treated me well when I had a problem.

In brief; In early 2010 I bought an 09 5Spot from CRC. Discounted, but not as discounted as yours!
    Did a few rides on it with out a problem, but on the forth ride I tried to drop the seatpost.It would only drop about 5mm from my “normal” position. Once back home I investigated. The seattube had not been reamed, which meant that weld penetration (a sign of a good weld btw) at the toptube was preventing the post from dropping further.
    I would have been happy for CRC (or somebody other than me) to pay for it to be reamed locally- a simple enough job if you have the tools and the skills.

CRC were rubbish. Silverfish were rubbish.
    An email to Greg at Turner and almost within minutes I had an offer (direct from the MD of Silverfish- I’m sure Greg must have “had a word”) of a new 2010 frame in my choice of standard colour. New frame arrived within 2 days, and I returned the old one.
    So I ended up with a newer frame, in a nicer colour 🙂

A few months ago the DW linkages started creaking. Again, an email to Greg and new foc linkages appeared within 2 weeks.

Excellent in my book; so I bought a Flux too 🙂

09 and 10s were raw or powdercoat; denoted by the “pc” after the colour code.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks Stanley. I’ve heard about the stories of weeks waiting whilst a frame is away etc and chasing lbs’s etc.

I dread that.

thewanderer
    Free Member

I bought a 2nd hand 2009 5spot off the forum. Riding it in the alps I saw small cracks in the frame around the Taco.

E-mailed Turner, they told me to contact, silverfish. It was still in the warranty period, few days later Silverfish sent me a new anodised 2011 front end.

No hassles at all and I’m not the original owner!

If it was out of warranty I’m pretty sure Turner themselves would have sorted it for me. They have a reputation for doing so.

Rich

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a Turner – warranty claim?’ is closed to new replies.