- Daily Commute helmet (moon on stick)
* Daily usage cycling helmet
* Good airflow
* Prefer MTB to roadie styling.
* The less padding to soak up sweat and go manky the better
* Durable padding – should survive weekly (or more) washes in washing machine
* 59cm head, regular shape???
* Catlike Leaf, favourite of recent times, a good fit, even after pads were thrown away.
* 661 Recon Scout helmet another good fit but padding is deteriorated < 1.5yr
Any recommendations?Posted 1 week ago
The trouble with the On-one XC offering, and others which go from 58-62, is they tend to wobble side-to-side on my 59cm head.
There’s this MET road/mtb helmet:Posted 1 week ago
I’ve got one of these from Decathlon – used it for mtb several times a year for a few years and it was comfy. Now use it for night mtb-ing with a light on top of it.
Maybe I’m minging but I’ve never washed the pads in it…..
My newest mtb helmet is a Giro Chronicle and that is a slightly more snug fit – but it runs a lot hotter.Posted 1 week agoDezBSubscriber
Louis Garneau Edge is what I use daily (fits your description). Comes with spare pads, which i haven’t had to use yet, almost 2 years after purchase.
I find (tip!) dabbing the pads with kitchen roll immediately after a ride stops pads going stale and avoids needing to wash them weekly (or even monthly).
It’s the big central vent which makes for a cool helmet (arf) ime.
Evens don’t seem to have the Garneau anymore so you’d have to hunt around.Posted 1 week agotrail_ratMember
if you sweat that much then a buff would be a prudent easily washable non fallapartable thing that could be worn under your helmet.
I wear one all year round – prevents sweat eye as well.
as for the helmet.
which ever specialized helmet fits your budget. Ive found them to be the best alrounder for style/budget/venting/comfortPosted 1 week ago
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.