Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Dadsnet – boom moment
  • WillH

Congrats! Our wee fella is 15 months now, it seems like only yesterday that he was a helpless pink blob… (he’s now a monster who is eating us out of house and home and has just discovered how to answer back!) Enjoy every minute, you won’t believe how fast the next few days/weeks/months are going to disappear!

The best, and most accurate, description of having kids I’ve ever heard is simply ‘Relentless’!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Congrats dude. Nine weeks on for me and he’s still a source of wonderment every day. Enjoy these first few days as much as you can. They’re very special. Glad all are ok and healthy.

Is there a name yet?

yossarian
    Free Member

congrats to the whole NZCol family

best thing ever

29erKeith
    Free Member

congratulations 8)

5 months on here for a formerly hesitant dad, loving it!
    just wait until you get your first proper smiles and giggles

TheFlyingOx

Congrats NZCol!

Conversely, I was quite taken aback by how “unemotional” I felt when I first saw Wee Ox. In fact, all I could think was “bloody hell, he looks like his uncle”. Took about 6 hours for all the “flatness” to pass before I got the waves of love, but boy is it there now. I think the best description is paraphrased as follows: “Having a child is like having your own heart walking about outside your body”.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Congrats. Those moments don’t stop and can strike at any time with out warning. Mine are now 10, 6 and 2 and are the best thing i have done with my life.

growinglad
    Free Member

Many congratulations to you and the family.

Our first of the tribe is a little girl…complete and utter daddies girl.

Just take loads of photos and videos, they change so quickly and it really is lovely to look back and see how they have changed.

Regarding dust in the eye….I sometimes wonder if I’m living in the Sahara!!

Enjoy the beer….one of the best tasting ones ever.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well done to both of you. Weirdest bit is when you take her home and say ‘now what do we do?’
    🙂
    I’ll give you one tip – stay well clear of any baby sick after they’ve had milk. It fookin stinks!

mashiehood
    Free Member

congratulations – soon you will be reciting all the phrases from in the night garden

mashiehood
    Free Member

oh, and yes his name is iggle piggle! 😆

Scamper
    Free Member

Congratulations! 😀

Following a theme, our 17 month old is at the child minders, i’m working from home and just caught up on some much needed sleep.

My top tip is don’t over bath her, and just cotton wool and water for the first couple of months.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Congrats!!!

Have you ever fallen asleep at your desk before?

I used to enjoy locking myself in the toilet cubicle for a nap…

freddyg
    Free Member

Many Congratulations!

7.5 years in now and I still remember that moment like it was yesterday.

Everyday there’s something new – they’ll make you laugh, cry, happy, sad, scared & brave. I have a sense or euphoric love for mine that’s hard to explain. It’s all good 8)

Dusty in here again…..

edlong
    Free Member

Congrats

Sandwich

Well done Mrs NZCol and welcome to baby NZCol. Keep all loose objects inside the car and stay seated for the whole ride.

matther01
    Free Member

Congratulations!!

My 4th was born 6 weeks ago and I can tell you the feelings do not change no matter how many you have (although he was my first boy…so it was a wee bit more special).

therealhoops
    Free Member

Where’s the gratuitous baby pic then!?!?!

Many other ‘booms’ will follow. My favorite was in Morrisons of all places about a week after TRHjnr was plunged.
    Picture the scene….it’s 8 something PM…it’s a week day….there’s **** all customers apart from me….I have a half filled trolley and a shopping list that consists of wipes, nappies, cotton wool etc….I’m very tired….I’m barely conscious….THEN SUDDENLY, in the middle of the cereal aisle I stop like a bunny in the headlights and say aloud with much trepidation…

“HOLY CRAP, THIS IS MY LIFE NOW!” 😯

The next day I sold my bikes.

Sandwich

Bringing Ms Sandwich home from hospital was when I had a moment.

“Shit, I’m a grown-up now with responsibilities. No one else will come and sort the bundle of joy in the baby seat but us”

That took a couple of decades to come to terms with!

NZCol

Ahhh bloody dusty again !

Woke up to a lovely sunrise and though “H}%}*{+]*}^}^” I have a daughter ! Out of bed whistling desperate to get back and give mnzc a cuddle and watch the blob hopefully sleeping. We will name her today, my wife saw through me saying Jessica was just a nice name and nothing at all to with my infatuation for Jess ennises bottom !

Thanks for all the best wishes, I’ve inhabited this place for a long time so nice to share some happy news.

Markie
    Free Member

Yay! Welcome to the club!

matt_outandabout

Congratulations.
    (Another one here who was not expecting the *boom* moment)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Jessica…. brilliant name 🙂
    Here’s mine

jamj1974

Really chuffed for you – amazing and tiring times ahead!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnet – boom moment’ is closed to new replies.