Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Dadsnet – boom moment
  • NZCol

My daughter was born this morning, first child, people kept telling me that the moment you set eyes on them was pretty intense. Jesus, that was an understatement ! I was in bits – she is so beautiful and lovely and I just melted. Life changed today for me, I may lose some stuff but I’m sure I will gain a hell of a lot more.

That’s all – im tired and I have taken beer.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Congratulations, hope you are all well

Gary_C

Congratulations, fella!

Stoner
    Free Member

dusty here this morning.

scaled
    Free Member

Congratulations man!

It keeps getting better (well, i can say that up till 2.5 years, no experience past that!) but for a sheer flood of emotion you’re not going to better that.

spacecadett
    Free Member

Congrats!!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Congrats chap, life will never be the same again, enjoy.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Congrats! I took beer on both occasions, now go and get 4 hours uninterrupted sleep and hold onto the memory when you wake

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Congratulations.

You’ll soon get over it with the constant lack of sleep, riding time and money. Enjoy. 😀

binners

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 😀

Get yourself some rest. You’ll need it. Have you ever fallen asleep at your desk before?

Kryton57

Congratulations!

Life changed today for me, I may lose some stuff but I’m sure I will gain a hell of a lot more.

A few more people could do with that attitude, hold on to it.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Congratulations !!
    I know exactly how you feel, welcome to life never being the same again

NZCol

God yes , well known for desk sleeping already.
    Kryton-truth behold, some close friends lost their wee girl during birth last year. We saw what that did to them and those that love them. For that I am selfishly eternally thankful that our little cracker is safe and I will always remember what could have been for Alice.

juanking

Congratulations, 4 months on here and loving every moment!

ocrider

Well done the NZs!
    3-4 years countdown begins for the smug dad content thread.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Life changed today for me, I may lose some stuff but I’m sure I will gain a hell of a lot more.
    A few more people could do with that attitude, hold on to it.

Absolutely!

Congratulations! It’s ace, isn’t it? ?

There are a fair few of us on here a couple of months ahead of you on this one, so if there’s any advice, tips or anything you need, you know where to come!

Now, try and get some sleep! 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant news many congratulations, can’t imagine a better place to bring a child up than Wellington.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Congratulations to you and mrs nzcol, good work 🙂

11 months in here and, despite being more tired than I think I’ve ever been, having a little boy is still brilliant. Like many others will be sure to advise… get some sleep while you can!

big_scot_nanny

Wonderful! Congrats!

Be prepared for more “dusty eye” moments, having a kid (3 of them now) has turned me into a big Jessie.

Try singing “Wires” by Athlete now. Impossible without breaking down into sobbing tears. 😳

Great stuff sir, all love from the BSN loons here to you guys.

Kev

kimbers

got a 2 yr old and a 3 month old and they’re awesome, believe it or not they just keep getting better, congrats to you and the missus!

grim168
    Free Member

Congrats,Dropped our eldest at Uni for her first year last september. That dust gets everywhere!

mugsys_m8

Many Congratulations to the NZ family!!!!

tonyd

Congratulations. +1 on get some sleep now if they’re not home yet!

irelanst
    Free Member

Congratulations, it was like hitting a wall of emotion for me as well.

Try singing “Wires” by Athlete now. Impossible without breaking down into sobbing tears

The first compilation slideshow I did had “this is the one” by the Stone Roses as the soundtrack, whenever I hear it I get all chocked up. It’s a bit embarrasing when I go to Old Trafford (it’s the song that United always come out to) I should have thought that one through!

weeksy

Congrats mate. 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why are you not out on your bike? 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

Try singing “Wires” by Athlete now. Impossible without breaking down into sobbing tears

+ 1

Stoner Jr was 8 weeks premature so his first month was spent in hospital and his first week or two in NeoN ICU – plumbed into machines that go “ping”.

bullheart
    Free Member

Great stuff, congratulations!

You’ll lose NOTHING! Trust me!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Congrats, my first is due in 12 weeks!

tang
    Free Member

Nice one! Tang jnr #3 should have been born today! 6 weeks early in the end. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the first flush of love when you meet your new child. Keep spoiling mrs nz as let’s face it they deserve it!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Congratulations.. it certainly is such a crazy roller coaster day when your children are born. Mrs cloudnine is due No. 3 any day now..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep.

*Positive waves….* 🙂

wwaswas

You’ll lose NOTHING! Trust me!

except sleep.

[Monty Python]

You’ll lose NOTHING! Trust me! except sleep.

and any sense of embarassment when it comes to changign nappies in public.

You’ll lose NOTHING! Trust me! except sleep and any sense of embarassment when it comes to changign nappies in public.

and the ability to arrive at work without baby vom all down the back of your suit.

etc etc

[/Monty Python]

congratulations 🙂

althepal

Good stuff! All the best.
    Get out on your bike or get some sleep now- pick one!

martinhutch

My ‘dusty tune’ is Moon River. Sang it to my little girl as I carried her around the ward for a few hours on the first night.

“Two dreamers, off to see the world, there’s such a lot of world to see…”

Gets me every time.

Congrats OP!

mrblobby
    Free Member

wwaswas speaks the truth!

Enjoy the little baby phase too. Blobby jr is starting to assert his independence. Any outside interference and he really kicks off. Nappy changes are a major trauma! Can’t help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all 🙂

wwaswas

ooh, *glitchy bump* is back.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is this glitch still not fixed…?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences after OP
    Nice words brought it all back for me as to what it was to stare at them for the first time in sheer wonderment and full of love [ duusty in here this morning just thinking about it]
    A feeling you can never describe to anyone cherish it as the hard work grinds you down 😉

corroded
    Free Member

Congrats NZCol. I love the good news posts.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnet – boom moment’ is closed to new replies.