Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • dad bike ahoy (kona ute content)
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

my cargo/dad bike… weighs in at a healthy 18.5kgs 😮

and with the boy “attached”:

went for a nice ride on sunday, he was asleep by the time we reached the park 😆 up hill, nearly all the way, and cheering as we went down hill on the way home 😎 done a couple of tip runs with it too… it’s actually quite a fun bike to ride, & i don’t yet feel the need to modify it (well maybe some chunkier tyres 🙄 )

i got one of these from one of the neighbours too (it’s good to have options) for the princely sum of £30, it’s like new:

singletracksurfer

got one too and love it. like the idea of the trailer on there too (might have to unpack mine).

robgclarkson
    Free Member

my thinking is if it’s absolutely lashing it down i can still take the boy to the child minders on the bike…. or if i want to go shopping with him i can can use the trailer and put the Ute bags back on (they don’t fit with the child seat)… and for £30, you can’t really go wrong!

woody2000

you can’t really go wrong!

Have you tried pulling a trailer + kid + kid junk + 40lb bike before? 😉

takisawa2

Good stuff.
    Love mine but boys are getting too heavy for it now.
    Still handy for shifting stuff.

IMAG0116 by pten2106, on Flickr

wwaswas

were you going to a clown bike convention?

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve got a Yuba Mondo. They’re brilliant for doing skids when not loaded 🙂

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Have you tried pulling a trailer + kid + kid junk + 40lb bike before? 😉

no but i did pull the empty trailer to the cash machine and back to pay for it.. a round trip of about 1 mile(ish)… and, erm, yes… lets just say i had a healthy glow and warm legs upon my return 😆

robgclarkson
    Free Member

takisawa2

Paul 😉 , followed your wise words!

hatter

I’ve calculated that miles with the nipper in the trailer count double on road and triple off it, helps justify the little ‘refreshment’ stops at the farm shop/butchers in the lanes up our way.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Cool, I`m loving my MinUte (Thanks to a great PSA on here) though the handling is a little interesting with 2 kids in kiddie seats on the back.

Going to try and get them lower still and slightly further forwards as well, which should help.
    Failing that its going to get a Porteur rack for the front to carry the kit and weigh the front down a bit 😀

As for Panniers, the MinUte bags should fit with child seat, as I can still fit them when only carrying one child

robgclarkson
    Free Member

whereabouts are you? maybe i could try a MinUte bag with the seat to see? I’m in Leeds btw

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`m in Norfolk, otherwise you could have.
    I`ll measure them up and take some pics for you if I get home in time tonight 😉

jamj1974

Brilliant stuff Robg!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I`m in Norfolk, otherwise you could have.
    I`ll measure them up and take some pics for you if I get home in time tonight

if you could that’d be great, thanks man

and cheers jamj 😉

neilc1881
    Free Member

I have a Ute and am convinced that it is the best £600 I have ever spent. So practical for family use, commuting and even a bit of farming 😉 I’ve got a Yepp seat for the little one and I can fully load the Ute bags with it mounted. Our 6 year old also jumps on the back for lifts back from her friend’s houses in the village etc. Carrying the 6ft hurdles was definitely the hardest handling wise though. Even the logging lorry I passed gave way!

IMAG1049 by neil.d.cox, on Flickr

First Ute powered camping trip – didn’t go too far with this load but it was uphill!

IMAG1084 by neil.d.cox, on Flickr

Lamb transportation bags

IMAG1004 by neil.d.cox, on Flickr

Wide load

IMAG1014 by neil.d.cox, on Flickr

robgclarkson
    Free Member

What model yepp seat did you buy? I have a yepp maxi and the bags won’t fit on… Maybe I mounted the easyfit mount too far back… Do you have pics of where you drilled the deck?

Any help appreciated…

Sandwich

25kg sack of spuds in the trailer for a really good workout over 20 miles.

yunki
    Free Member

Have you tried pulling a trailer + kid + kid junk + 40lb bike before?

Not a cargo bike from the ‘cargo bike’ genre, but this little crew are a weighty old load round the hilly Devon countryside 😡

cr500dom
    Free Member

Just a quick update, the MinUte bags are approximately 400mm/16″ Long and look to attach to the same points as the standard Ute Bags

Rode mine into work today and I love it

cr500dom
    Free Member

Thought I`d add this….first ride on the new “Family Bike” as Little Miss Dom calls it

shifter
    Free Member

Cheap Utes at CRC if anyone’s interested:
    here

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘dad bike ahoy (kona ute content)’ is closed to new replies.