• This topic has 102 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LS.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Cyclo-cross Worlds next weekends, spoilers likely
  • LS
    Free Member

OMG – no mention of Tom Pidcock???

Well I mentioned him and said he was the best junior out there 😆
    He’s actually a really nice lad too, far from graceless. His skill and style on the bike is undoubtable, but that’s not taking anything away from the other three in the junior men’s squad. All four of them are capable of winning.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It is a bit like people saying they don’t like Sanne as she didn’t smile on podium I guess! She wanted to win badly and didn’t so was disappointed I get that. Did you see Pidcocls celebration at recent World Cup? (Not last one) why? Looked like a chopper his interview at Nationals was poor too. He may well be a nice guy doesn’t stop arrogance which should be toned down! I’m just not bothered about junior men’s race at all so anyone can win it!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

He’s actually a really nice lad too, far from graceless

nice to hear, probably a different person in the flesh but his finish line superman was only entertaining because he nearly f–ked it up and came off, and in his interviews and social media posts he makes Lance Armstrong sound humble (and again, I’m sure I was a bigger d1ck at his age but without the talent!). Clearly world-class and interested to see how he does in the future (can he take on the top CX guys, will he even stay in CX or move to the road?).

Evie Richards is the absolute opposite – seen, heard and read several interviews and she always comes across as down to earth, enthusiastic and full of gratitude for those around her and the opportunities she’s had.

ferrals
    Free Member

Little bit of pre-ride footage:
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2johqjMoeyI[/video]

Edit. More here- apparently that camber has led to course changes
    Cyclocross magazine

qwerty
    Free Member

^ I do believe his moustache is more gnarly than the course ^ excellent effort on both counts.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Great thread.

dragon
    Free Member

Course looks an absolute nightmare with that off camber section. If the weather stays as it is, I wonder if we’ll see late minute course changes?

crazy-legs

Anywhere to watch it live?

Search for ucichannel on YouTube. They live screen most races and then within a day there’s usually a hghlights package up there too.

ferrals
    Free Member

Links to all the live streams on BC here: BC links to live streams

atlaz
    Free Member

Course looks an absolute nightmare with that off camber section. If the weather stays as it is, I wonder if we’ll see late minute course changes?

It’s been below zero for 3-4 weeks already, one warmed up day or two isn’t going to change much. Even though the high today is supposed to be 5 degrees, evidence outside says it’s well below zero at noon, and this morning when I left for work it was -8. That frozen section is probably staying frozen more or less.

crazy-legs

That frozen section is probably staying frozen more or less.

Stef Wyman mentioned earlier that it was warming up and with the amount of practice being done, that section was beginning to chew up a bit.

If it re-freezes overnight into ruts from today’s practice runs it might actually make it easier, give the tyres something to hook into. The organisers have also widened the section a bit to give a bit more leeway so it may not prove to be such a decisive factor. Personally I want to see a CX race, not a Benny Hill style comedy of crashes!

ferrals
    Free Member

Few more pics I found while mulling over a coffee

Facebook gallery

CX magazine uploading various short video snippets of training to facebook too.

atlaz
    Free Member

Raining here now for anyone who cares. Not much so it could freeze quickly.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

NOT LONG TO GO!!!!!!!!!
    Come on GB.
    up first.
    Thomas Mein
    Tom Pidcock
    Daniel Tullet
    Ben Turner

#rideforcharlie

kilo

Bloody airlux, got to airport to find flight cancelled, now getting to Luxembourg for 14.00ish 👿 . Think we’re going to just get a cab to the venue and should catch all the ladies race

ferrals
    Free Member

Nightmare!

Got the worst cold I’ve had in months so going to be in front of YouTube with lemsip all day long 😆

Men’s juniors about to start. Come on GB!

reggiegasket
    Free Member
    Bregante

Fantastic result and what a lovely tribute to Charlie Craig.

kilo

That was pretty impressive 🙂

ferrals
    Free Member

Great riding! Exciting race. Brought a tear to my eye as second and third touch their arm band as they crossed the line.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Great race and the workshop got very dusty as they crossed the line.
    #rideforCharlie

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Be nice to see the U23 women do similar, go Amira! Seems a long time ago that I took her on her first proper mountain bike ride.
    Hope the race is clean and not electrically enhanced this year.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Great race and the workshop got very dusty as they crossed the line.
    #rideforCharlie

ferrals
    Free Member

Another exciting race. Great course to watch. Well done Evie Richards for third and Ffion James in 11th.

Ellen noble lost that on one turn really.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Fantastic result and what a lovely tribute to Charlie Craig.

This.
    The girlies are pretty handy for, erm, girlies. 😈

reggiegasket
    Free Member

women’s elite about to start…

Vos all the way.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

This is great but that Spanish kit looks awful, period.

crazy-legs

The Junior Men’s race was phenomenal and the room suddenly got a bit dusty when they dedicated their 1, 2, 3 finish to Charlie.

Was hoping Evie Richards could defend her title but I think Worst came into the race on slightly better form. Although watching Evie demolish the field at the Nationals a couple of weeks ago was incredible. She does prefer muddier conditions though, I don’t think the snow and ice did her any favours.

This Elite Women’s race has more or less had the script written for it. Trademark Vos attack utterly predictable (in a good way!). Impressed that Cant has pulled her back. The course has become much more rideable over the day as well.

crazy-legs

Vos goes again!
    Nikki in 11th place at the moment, Helen Wyman in 19th.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Drama! Vos hadn’t put a foot wrong…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Gonna be an interesting last lap now 😯

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Vos chain drop – it’s on!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

go on Marianne!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

What a finish! Incredible bike handling and strength – and tactics too. Stunning.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Subloodyperb racing!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Awesome ride by Cant there!

crazy-legs

Wow, what a race, that was a nailbiter right to the end! Cant deserved that, she’s been there or thereabouts for YEARS. What a win!

phil40
    Free Member

What a final lap! You have to love cx racing

simondbarnes

Great day of racing. Can we have the same again tomorrow?

scaredypants

Just catching up after work – great women’s races. Just off to the lads now

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Cyclo-cross Worlds next weekends, spoilers likely’ is closed to new replies.