Home Forums Bike Forum Cycle computers, still a thing?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cycle computers, still a thing?
  • shrinktofit
    Free Member

I fancy a cycle computer for some basic moving data, are they still a thing, what are you using?

Not too spendy, no phones, other than that I’m open to suggestions.

I have a heart monitor of some sort so would be good to connect it.

Tia

johnnystorm

You can get a coospo or igps gps computer that’ll do all the basic garnin stuff for £20-25. Probably easier to find one of those to connect to an HRM than a Cateye velo or similar.

matt_outandabout

I use my phone to track and navigate.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The spec on the iGPSport and Coospo models approx £75-£100 looks pretty good, but for basic features the same could be said of their £40-60 models on Amazon.

I would normally post links, but the STW forum has always taken my Amazon links and turned them into weird “Kindle” picture links, which don’t take me to Amazon.

Kramer
    Free Member

I use my phone to track and navigate.

Up until a month or two ago, I would have said the same. However since buying a Garmin for an upcoming bikepacking trip, it’s massively changed things for me, to the point that I don’t think I could go back to not having one.

joebristol

Perhaps a Garmin Edge 130 would do the trick?

ratherbeintobago

Think Cateye still do traditional ones, but as above an Edge 130 would probably do the trick (though I think the plus has better battery life)

scuttler

Loved mine 🥰

IMG_4479

bruneep

Garmin 130 plus, get a nice discount via STW memb…….. oh never mind

mrchrist

I used one of these until I got a polar watch. Couldn’t fault it.

Velo Wireless Cycle Computer

shrinktofit
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, the garmin might be over my budget but I will do a little research. The coospo looks like it could be the jobbie👍

montgomery
    Free Member

Couldn’t fault it.

Velo Wireless Cycle Computer

Apart from the computer unit routinely shaking loose of its mount and bouncing away to be lost in the undergrowth on downhills! I had several of those…

mildbore

I still use a couple of Cateye Velo Wireless on a couple of bikes, simple and reliable

ossify

Cateye Micro Wireless for me 👍

No heart monitor connection so perhaps no good for the OP though.

DrJ

One that gets clicked by a thing on your spoke ?

TiRed

Second a Garmin Edge 130+. Does all I need including breadcrumb navigation. Tells you about climbs you are on, if you load a route. Thought this was a bit of a gimmick but it’s pretty neat. Black and white screen is clearer than the more upmarket colour versions too. If you go off road, it measures your flow or some such nonsense with an accelerometer :D

core

Garmin edge 25 is about as basic as it gets. Mine’s been faultless for the past 10 years. Can connect HRM via ant+

rockandrollmark

I picked up a Garmin Edge 200 from FB Marketplace for twenty quid a few months back. It’s pretty basic and to sync your rides up to Garmin Connect it needs to be connected to a laptop with a USB cable, but by the same measure it gives me all the data I need, GPS tracks my rides and allows to to do post-match analysis in Strava should I so wish. If you’re not looking to spend a lot I’d suggest an old Garmin would more than suffice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.