Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cwmcarn diversions
  • dan45a
    Free Member

Looking to ride Cwmcarn later today, anyone know the latest on what trails are open or diversions in place? Cheers.

joebristol

Last I heard the Twrch was fully open but Cafell is still shut. They were talking about getting pedalhounds open earlier than cafell but I haven’t seen anything on that so far.

I think the main (harder) dh run might be open too.

On Facebook there’s an account called ‘mtb ranger south wales’ – it might be worth you contacting them as they look after Cwmcarn and Adam trails and post updates from time to time.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Twrch is indeed fully open, it’s a bit rough in places but all part of the fun. Mojo DH is fully open and Cwmdown is running 3 days a week (I think).

Cafal is mostly closed, but parts of it are open, there’s just no legit way to reach them, if you know the lay of the land and/or are prepared to read a map, you can find them, they’re deep in leaf litter and ‘tricky’ according to a mate of mine.

dogbone

From the Ranger on the 19th Dec;

Y Mynydd #DH is now back fully open again, machine is off site Cwmcarn Forest Drive and reinstatment work will start Jan 3rd on the #Cafall trail also, no date yet for a ‘phased’ reopening but we will get it done as soon as we can. Happy riding everyone!

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks all for the reply’s, a loop around twrch will be spot on today.

I’ll get on the Facebook group also. Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn diversions’ is closed to new replies.