Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CV help for a sales Job
  • duncancallum

Right ho, I am looking at getting into sales, I currently am a motor trade service bod, but I do do sales and have a commision clause in my salary.

I currently in my role do the upsell and have sold a couple of vans and trucks.

I predominantly sell the business though so more services not products.

I’ve seen a job that I would like so I need some STW help.

Cheers!

bearnecessities

Paperclip this photo to your application.

Guaranteed interview.

duncancallum

ahh alas its not car sales, I still have the odd moral left…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Selling paperclips is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman…..

bearnecessities

Writing a CV is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.

Get their interest in the first few sentences and don’t say “cracking tits”.

rickmeister

duncan , Pm me.. I might be able to help.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Unless the role requires a great deal of specific experience, your cv should include what sales experience that you have managed so far, but your covering letter is more important. In that you should explain your hopes and plans to move into Sales proper and how enthusiastic you are to succeed in the role.

That is what people are looking for (in a Sales role)…..enthusiasm and a desire to succeed.

Cougar

If you can’t sell yourself, how can you be expected to sell anything else?

How far have you got? Do you want post your (anonymised) CV for us to rip the piss give you some pointers?

Fantombiker

I have recruited sales reps up to sales director level. These days you would expect to see on a Cv examples where you have exceeded expectations and include values and why you were so good. I think sales skills can be regarded as non sector specific outside areas like software and other highly technical areas. Also some sales jobs are described as business development so check those. Avoid at all costs roles where there is a low salary and high ‘ OTE’ bonus. Finally my advice is to sell products in a growing market not shrinking and where your product has a distinct advantage. Very best of luck buddy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CV help for a sales Job’ is closed to new replies.