Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CT Clamp on Solar system
  • MWyer
    Free Member

We have just had a new Smart Meter installed yesterday and since then our new Solar System has started doing strange things. Short story is it seems to be taking loads of energy from the grid and exporting it again. I turned the solar system off yesterday evening when I saw what was happening!

The Solar company (have been very helpful) are suggesting that the Smart meter installer has put the CT Clamp back on the wrong way. Does this sound feasible? I spoke to them this afternoon and understandably they can’t get anyone here until next week. Is it safe for me to just reverse the CT Clamp direction and turn the Solar system on to see what happens?

The CT Clamp is between the main fuse and the Smart Meter. The label on it is House > Grid and that is pointing towards the house. I didn’t notice how it was setup before.

I probably won’t touch anything before talking to the Solar company engineer on Monday but it would be useful to have some background knowledge before then.

bruneep

pictures would help

CountZero

A bit ambitious, I’d have thought.

Oh, a solar power system, not the Solar System! Sorry, my mistake, carry on…

Flaperon

The CT Clamp is between the main fuse and the Smart Meter. The label on it is House > Grid and that is pointing towards the house. I didn’t notice how it was setup before.

Yeah, just flip it over.

tillydog
    Free Member

I turned the solar system off yesterday evening

So *that’s why it went dark!

(IGMC!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.