Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Crush or Clockwork 29
  • cubist
    Free Member

I have a hankering for a 29er hard tail to sit alongside my Spitfire. Its for winter duties, going out with the kids, maybe commuting in very adverse conditions when I bottle using the road bike.

I tend to ride local trail centres (Sherwood Pines, Cannock etc..) over the winter and maybe a bit in the Peak or the Lakes if I get some time off. I will still have the Spitfire for anything more exciting. I’m a 5’9″ fat bastard and tend to smash my way through stuff and get a little air but I’m not likely to be getting a Redbull helmet anytime soon.

I always wanted an Orange when I was younger and have never scratched that itch so on the basis of the above use which is more appropriate a Clockwork 29 or a Crush 29?

qwerty
    Free Member

The Clockwork EVO 29 sits nicely between those two.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ahh – no standard Clockwork anymore, just the EVO in 29er, i reckon its all the bike most will need, Crush if your a gnarly rider. Dude.

Crush is slacker, EVO is a bit longer in ETT & a fair bit in reach.

rOcKeTdOg

selling my large clockwork 129 frame in mountain mint if interested

O1

cubist
    Free Member

@rocketdog – unfortunately my short stature suggests I’d be better off on the Medium.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife loves her Clockwork 129 and rides it around Pines and the Peak. She’s not ridden her full bounce since getting the 129 at Christmas.

matt_outandabout

Is it just frame your selling rd?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Rocketdog, what’s the point of that rear mudguard?

reedspeed
    Free Member

I love Orange ,& love Crushes,& lime you fancied a 29r,we now have 2 in our household,soon to be 3 ,I’m currently building a boost framed one on 2.6’s,using every single item Hope make..I’m also 5’9″,mine are a medium (17),50mm stems,760/800 bars,job done..oh,& its gotta be Orange.

rOcKeTdOg

matt_outandabout

Subscriber
    Is it just frame your selling rd?

yes Matt

Trailrider Jim

Subscriber
    Rocketdog, what’s the point of that rear mudguard?

proof that Sam Hill didn’t think of it first

cubist
    Free Member

So. After careful consideration I decided the Clockwork 29 Evo was the better tool for the job. I have the Spitfire for rides that are more rocky or downhill orientated.

I built it up from parts, XT groupset, Pikes, Halo vapour 35mm wheels with 2.6 WTB tyres. Finished building it ready for a ride yesterday and its brilliant. Not sure if its the bigger wheels, fatter tyres or just the new bike placebo but it corners like a beast!

https://i.imgur.com/WNlttxS.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/xjl30Fx.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/AfCYKE3.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Crush or Clockwork 29’ is closed to new replies.