Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Croatia – anyone been there biking?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I’m off to Croatia with the inlaws (!) in May. Near Split to be precise. Has anyone done any riding over there? I’m thinking XC rather than anything extreme.

TIA

househusband

Not ridden bit I’ve spent some time, albeit more coastal and back in the early 90’s, in the Split area and there should be some great XC riding to be had. I remember walking up from Split into the hills/mountains behind it and being very impressed – even war-ravaged as it was at the time. I’d certainly go back, preferable with a mountain bike.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Again, not ridden there, but spent the best part of 2 years there in the early 90’s, in and around Gornji Vakuf & Mostar..

From what I remember it would have been spot on for ridding..

user-removed
    Free Member

Sounds promising – a quick scan on youtube shows some nice looking trails – just hoping I’ll be able to hire a semi-ok bike over there.

Hooter
    Free Member

Not been around split, but cycled toured for a week or two round Croatia and it’s great by bike. Imagine you’ll be able to reccie some nice tracks quite easily, but make sure you are nowhere near any areas which were mined. They tend to be well marked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Croatia – anyone been there biking?’ is closed to new replies.