Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Crisps that disappoint
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

These had all the hallmarks of being the crisps for the Gentry however they disappoint terribly and have ended up with the servants..

bamboo
    Free Member

Sorry Binners I have to disagree. The cofresh jalapeno are much hotter than the lemon and chilli, therefore they get my vote. For 70p a bag, I can’t understand why anybody buys expensive kettle chips etc at over 2 quid a bag. I’ve actually considered taking my own crisps to the pub as I like them so much.

lemonysam
    Free Member

These had all the hallmarks of being the crisps for the Gentry however they disappoint terribly and have ended up with the servants..

The fundamental problem with all the fancy new vegetable crisps is that most other vegetables don’t actually go all that crisp when you fry them and then lose their crispness almost immediately. Thus what you’re left with is a bag of instantly stale crisps.

botanybay
    Free Member

“The Artisan Delicacy” says it bastard all.

I can just imagine ordering a half a pint of artisanal crafted urchin beer and a packet of those Tyrells and getting barely any change from a tenner.

robdob
    Free Member

My wife works for M&S and I have been sampling a lot of their crisps for some years now. I have to say a lot of salt and vinegar (the crisp lovers go-to choice I think you’ll find) crisps have lost their edge over the years but the M&S varieties such as their twirly ones can pack a real punch and have a proper crunch too.

I think I have the right to comment on such things – I’ve done my time eating crisps on an industrial scale over the year, including going to a nearby 24hr garage in slippers and dressing gown to spend my last few pennies on 11 packs of Pickled Onion Monster Munch at 3am in the morning and eating every single pack one after the other without stopping. Perfectly sober too!

robdob
    Free Member

Parsnip and carrot in crisps?

This is why this country isn’t the powerful nation it used to be. Standards people!!

johndoh
    Free Member

Ready salted. Any crisp that is only salted.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Crisps that disappoint’ is closed to new replies.