Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Cripes – 660 arrested suspected of accessing indecent images of children.
  • MoreCashThanDash

Local police and pcso still visit schools and cub/brownie units in our village.

I suspect the web has made it easier for these people to get images etc. MrsMC works in child protection, stranger danger is still less of a risk than family, especially wider extended families.

I met a criminologist once who investigated this area. He was fascinating and terrifying to talk to all at the same time, like rubbernecking a car crash

willard

Interesting fact… The Tor network was developed by the US Navy to help people communicate from areas/countries where censorship/monitoring makes it difficult to get information out and still gets about 70% of its funding from the US government.

Just because something is used for bad purposes, does not mean that it is inherently bad.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

wwaswas, if you are going to be a pedant, be a good one 😉

(hammer something in/into) Inculcate something forcefully or repeatedly:
    ‘a commercial image that was hammered into English consciousness’

Oddly I was thinking of starting to use TOR by way of protest against the DRIP nonsense that seems to be rushing our way.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

It wasn’t.
    You missed all the government information ads on tv, radio and talks in school then.

konabunny
    Free Member

So someone walked up and hit you with a hammer to get the message across?

It would explain a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Cripes – 660 arrested suspected of accessing indecent images of children.’ is closed to new replies.