Home Forums Bike Forum CRC/Wiggle latest? risk a return?

• This topic has 104 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Andy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • CRC/Wiggle latest? risk a return?
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

at least CRC / wiggle will put returns back into the stock system for sale, companies like amazon will put the majority of returns onto the auction pallets or bin,
    https://www.howtogeek.com/what-happens-to-amazon-returns/

nixie

CRC / wiggle put them on eBay via trisportresort

branes
    Free Member

CRC / wiggle put them on eBay via trisportresort

I’m not so sure about that – I’ve had a couple of things from there and they were definitely quite well used.

rascal
    Free Member

Want to order some clothing but unsure of sizing so good chance it’ll need to go back – around £40. Chat reckons returns ‘as per normal’ – would you risk it?

captaintomo
    Free Member

Can always chuck it on ebay if not suitable. You’d probably get most of what you paid for back.

ogden
    Free Member

I mean anything at this point probs must be not worth risking a return.

mashr

I’m not so sure about that – I’ve had a couple of things from there and they were definitely quite well used.

There’s a mix of things from returns to fixed warranty items to ex-demo/display kit and so on. Rarely a real bargain these days though

beaker

Previously I mentioned that I had a chain away for warranty investigation with SRAM. CRC hadnt heard anything and happily refunded me with a credit note. Big thanks to CRC for excellent customer service. I wish them all luck for the future.

coconut
    Free Member

I notice the banner at the top of their website now reads “THE FINAL SALE”, that looks to me to be the end of CRC/Wiggle. I’m going to miss them and it’s a real tough deal for the hard workers at the company. I would not risk an order that may need changing, it’s surely days away now. Looks like once the existing stock’s gone they’re finished and the doors close.

nixie

Depends on price. I’ve taken a punt on some armour but the discount was so high I suspect I’ll easily get the money back.

pigyn
    Free Member

If you are ordering from them at the moment it’s worth noting the staff really don’t seem to GAF any more – a fella ordered a set of discounted 36s for delivery to my shop, they arrived with the parcel force sticker just stuck on the Fox box. No outer packing at all, and no tape on the box to keep it shut. If you have ever seen a Fox box.. they aren’t the best at staying shut. It’s a wonder they were still in the box at all.

nixie

They don’t really need outer packing it’s just a waste of materials.

Garry_Lager

I sent a bike back on Monday (trisport) and got the refund processed same day – don’t know if the ebay layer makes a difference there (I’d also initiated the return a week or so back).
    Probably not the time for a speculative purchase right now, though.

Bunnyhop

(NBT Here on BH’s account)

anyone tried a return recently? Looking at some jackets but not sure on sizing – normally would order both sizes and return the one that didn’t fit, but not sure about that at the moment.

bikerevivesheffield

I did that, sent a Jacket back on Friday

Andy

I am sending a return back tomorrow via 1st class post of something that just doesn’t fit and cant be bothered to try and resell.  I also look at it as a wee roulette to brighten up the week. I have also checked their stock levels and see they have a few things still to go so think I might be ok

nixie

Don’t bother. Sent a helmet back just over a week ago. It was sent straight back to me. Box hadn’t even been opened just had a new evri label on over the one I put there.

dyls

I have put in an order for a few dhb clothing, which are reduced by up to 80%, happy to take a chance by using Paypal.

Won’t bother trying to return anything though.

Simon

I dropped off a return parcel this evening, I’ll report back what happens…..

Andy

Don’t bother. Sent a helmet back just over a week ago. It was sent straight back to me. Box hadn’t even been opened just had a new evri label on over the one I put there.

Ah maybe not then – classifieds mega post to follow then lols

daern
    Free Member

Put four orders for cheap bits in since they started liquidating stock. One shipped as normal, the second shipped after 4 days, the other two are still sat in processing and will, I guess, get shipped eventually.

Specifically bought stuff that I knew I wouldn’t have to return as I figured this would likely be a futile action now. Shame, really, but I’m still in awe that they managed to lose £100m last year given the jump in bike and part prices since Covid. The industry really is screwed.

zilog6128

that’s a bit naughty, since they’re still accepting return applications (which they have to I guess!) which you must pay for.

if you’ve sent it and they don’t want it, can you do a chargeback on CC? Win-win (for you 😂)

b33k34

Hmm.  have got carried away over the last week and have 3 orders in at the moment.  They’re not getting them shipped quickly.

cmadd
    Free Member

got my dropper post today ,no probs

salad_dodger

I ordered a pair of running shoes last Wednesday which arrived next day. Didn’t fit so returned on Friday and received my refund today. Very happy with that level of service.

nixie

that’s a bit naughty, since they’re still accepting return applications (which they have to I guess!) which you must pay for.

I thought the same. Yes had to pay for the return. Will try and contact them and see why it just got sent straight back. Was not expensive but it’s way too big so no use.

ac505
    Free Member

Two orders placed on Sunday, neither shipped as of Wednesday. Fingers crossed…

ads678

I’ve got a couple of pairs of pedals on order that are yet to be shipped……

breadcrumb

My Monday order is still sitting in processing.

daern
    Free Member

Saturday order (wheels): shipped
    Sunday order (cheap jacket): processing
    Monday order (bars): processing

I’ve now blacklisted wiggle.com to stop myself ordering anything else!

bikerevivesheffield

Mine has been sorted in less that 6 days

chrismac

Sent an item of clothing back yesterday.  So far the process is working  as normal. Getting the emails I would expect. Proof will be in the credit landing in my bank account

nixie

The returns page has change to no items outside of 28 day. Mine was outside that but was registered and then delivered to them before the cut off date.

slowol

I found the one of the seams on my Nukeproof trousers I bought in November was coming apart so emailed Wiggle on Monday. They sent me a form which I returned yesterday evening with photos. Refund processed today (though not in the bank yet). I guess that is a fault rather than return but good service all the same.

I now need to get sewing to fix the trousers, or be lazy and take them to the menders.

zerocool

The women’s NukeProof black line trousers were/are pretty cheap (£30) and as far as I can tell are the same as the men’s cut but with slightly shorter legs. I bought the wife a pair but having tried them on with my £15 NO Critical armour knee pads they fit me as well as the mens.

just in case anyone with short legs is looking for a pair. They’re definitely not a standard ‘women’s cut’.

allyharp

The women’s NukeProof black line trousers were/are pretty cheap (£30) and as far as I can tell are the same as the men’s cut but with slightly shorter legs.

That’s interesting. The pair I got a few years ago were my favourite riding trousers but then a second pair I ordered last year were massive in comparison and had to go back. Maybe I got a women’s set first time round!

zerocool

Yeah. I got a pair of women’s XLs and to be honest I might just keep them for myself. The other pair I have are Madison Flux XL and they’re a little baggier and a bit longer.

Andy

Update: Returned 4 orders, bits and pieces the wrong size, on Thursday via 1st class post. All purchased within last 2 weeks. Refunded this morning. Thanks Wiggle!

zinger
    Free Member

Tried fitting a high roller tire yesterday which i bought from chain reaction back in September

And found that it has a big warp in it, fitted another one of the same tyres i bought at the same time and that is ok

Sent picture and video to CR yesterday , but have just had a reply back form them saying as its older than 28 days they cant do anything about it , and if i want to i can put my self down on the list creditors to try and get money back from there

I’ll try emailing Maxxis direct next….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.