Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • CRC- Slow or what?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Ordered 5 items (all shown in stock and still are) Monday morning – still says processing – I haven’t ordered anything from CRC in a few months – is this now the norm?

cp

yep. And once they’re delivered it will probably still say processing & will do for a few days!

variflex
    Free Member

Last week was very quick. I too have some more on order from Monday.
    Normally they process at within a day so you get it within 3 days, but this week is slightly slower, but hey I saved over 25% in the end so I dont mind a few more days.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Aha! I’ve been wondering when this weeks CRC bashing thread was going to appear … we’ve had the Top Gear one, but I still felt something was missing …

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not bashing just TBH other retailers are quicker ATM – I may have to leave even more time for the order to come in if I need something?

fasthaggis

Aww Foxy,you getting all twitchy about getting your new frame together 😀
    I will have mine built by lunchtime 😛

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nah – not really – I bought some energy food for a Sportive Sunday TBH 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

The trick is to order all the bits separately then they get picked and packed very quickly. Don’t forget CRC also have a list of people they don’t like.

The individual items I ordered on Sunday are already here 🙂

ThePinkster

Service recently for me has been very good and my recent warranty claim has (so far) been exemplary, however the order I placed with them for a new BB on Saturday is still showing as processing even though it is supposed to be in stock.

Swings & roundabouts I suppose.

winrya
    Free Member

I put up with them generally being a day slower than most other retailers because their free returns policy is superb. With cloths for example I can order a few different items and whatever i don’t like it just give to my local corner shop and the refund is back in my account within a few days and doesn’t cost a penny 🙂

mattmbk
    Free Member

I ordered Sunday, delivered about 10 minutes ago. No confirmation email but no complaints.

Cammer
    Free Member

Ordered one item Monday night, showing as dispatched now

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

they are usually very quick however my new chainset was “processing” for a few weeks and they said that their stock counting was wrong so they were actually out of stock

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I have emailed them to see if anything is actually out of stock – sounds like you maybe disadvantaged for buying multiple items?

ChrisL

I had to email CRC to chase up both of my recent orders, despite all items being in stock both times. Generally I have been very happy with their service but recently it’s become less impressive.

Part of the problem I think is that they used to be so amazing that even being fairly good would look bad in comparison to the expectations I have based on their previous performance.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yes I agree ChrisL – I know many years ago they were one of the fastest mail order companies out there but I think with their increasing size and automation perhaps some orders are held up now? I am not having a moan – just interested in what is the norm now for CRC?

cp

3-5 days from order to receipt is average for me.

As oppose to an average 1 day from Merlin, 3 days from Rose.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thansk CP – prob turn up this week then hopefully 🙂

ThePinkster

I take it back, now showing as dispatched.

rondo101
    Free Member

Are they doing any voucher codes at the moment? If so & anyone’s got a spare one, could you email it to me? Ta.

Harry_the_Spider

I had to wait 3 whole days for some pads for my cross bike.

I survived.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I survived.

🙄

HermanShake
    Free Member

They’ve put on another discount code so probably have a little more business at the moment. I ordered my pump on Sunday evening, it’s here today. I think that’s fair for free post.

CRC on the whole are pretty good, give it til the end of the week.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I just read the title of my OP “slow or what” and oops – I meant is my order slow or is it the norm not how it read LOL !

nickswolves
    Free Member

Paying by paypal adds a day fyi

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh – yes I did – good point

FOG

It doesn’t matter how long it takes for them to sort it out if you happen to be out when postie comes, you will still wait ages. I ordered from Merlin thursday night, they posted it Friday, postie tried to deliver Saturday but I was out which meant I couldn’t get it til Tuesday. It’s not the postie’s fault but the system. When so much of their business comes from deliveries for internet firms why can’t they organise for you to get your stuff sooner? I’ve had stuff from courier firms wher they have left a card, I go to office at end of day when I get home [open til 7-8ish and pick up stuff the day it would have been delivered.
    Even Parcel Farce leave stuff at local post office so i can pick up next day. It needs sorting or the govt. will end up selling Royal Mail to some chancer.

faz083
    Free Member

people get so unlucky with CRC! My last 5 orders have all arrived the day after ordering them 🙂

maybe they like me

scaredypants

Really, why is that ?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Tripe!

Ordered some stuff yesterday morning… arrived this morning. Paid for it through Paypal.

supertacky
    Free Member

“Paying by paypal adds a day fy”

Is this a Fact?

Mackem

Ordered two things from wiggle on Saturday and two things from CRC on Saturday too.

got the Wiggle things yesterday, CRC not here yet.

mrgoll
    Free Member

I have used CRC several times recently. They have provided a flawless next day service.

Have to also say that when I used Wiggle – they also provided a flawless, next day service.

Northwind

Almost always 2 days for me.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

What? It takes them an extra 24 hours to make sure my paypal account in more secure than my CC? I need a better quality tin foil for my hats!

For me – it’s random and genuinely annoying. Some stuff (they seem to know when I need it in a hurry) takes 7 plus days – the stuff I order just to keep a stock – just in case stuff like 4 chains and quick links – always arrive next morning. Grrrrrrr.

bonchance
    Free Member

crc is just random and annoying average is a week. In a blue moon two days.

Merlin immediate dispatch
    Pedalon immediate dispatch
    JeJames immediate dispatch

My experience. Don’t bother with CRC now unless a voucher arrives and I don’t need it really 🙂

Let’s give our business to firms that meet the CRC promise of same day dispatch. In my personal experience CRC never do. It is BS!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Ot go to your lbs for same day despatch.

spooky_b329

Better than Evans, ordered some instock Stans valves last Wednesday, didn’t get despatched til Saturday, and arrived Tuesday. The Gatwick warehouse is only an hour up the road.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I know my LBS does not stock the Items I have got – TBH I do go to my LBS on occasions esp if I need Spesh gear – share the wealth but yes I have not shopped @ CRC for 5 months now – The items have been despatched this morning but as others have said many other retailers are much quicker – I try and leave good time for the order and order stuff labelled “in stock” so you expect it would be posted same or next day rather than 4 days later?

Not sure I will be using CRC again if I want it quickly anyhow – As above I use many others in my LBS and they are quicker!

ransos
    Free Member

CRC used to be my default online site for bike bits, but they seem to have very poor stock levels these days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘CRC- Slow or what?’ is closed to new replies.