Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • CRC selling old Z3/4/5 forks
  • plus-one

Wonder how many they have ? I’d ha e the z4 with one piece arch they were decent.

Maybe buying a set and sit on them and cash in later ?

iain1775
    Free Member

Was my first thought too. We just need CRC to turn up some other old stock with weird ass proprietary mounts that look almost like normal

There is always Planet X for that, 50p plus £8 postage

nixie

The orange ones have a really old skool disc mount.

dyna-ti

I think thats a hayes mount. But im not sure they are that old for that mount to be there which could suggest the origin is not the UK. Possibly the US.
    The hayes mount pre-dates the No4 caliper 48mm mount

walleater

The orange Z5 has a bolt on disc brake mount. Which doesn’t appear to be included with the fork. I’m a little surprised that I can’t find a google image of it but it was a loooong time ago. The QR20 models had two hole in the lowers the the bottom of the lowers were hollow. You attached a plate inside the lowers that had threaded holes, and lined up a proprietary IS adaptor on the outside of the lower and bolted it into the plate inside the lower, or something like that 😉 A picture would help….

kiwijohn

$300 for that Z3 would look great on DBR Axis TT, but I really need to put the money towards a pair of Crossmax SL’s.

ribena
    Free Member

Just for reference, here’s an original (paper) ad for CRC…

munkyboy
    Free Member

Dual crown Sid..

cakeandcheese

A rough estimate using an inflation calculator suggests z1s would cost £435 now by those measures (edit – assuming £279 z1 bam for reference).

Given the improved performance and scale of 2021 fork, I don’t think we’re doing so badly given a new one is ~£600 (+37% above inflation over 22 years).

I do like those pre-internet adverts though! All the info you need, nowt you don’t.

thols2

Dual crown Sid..

I bought a secondhand Giant NRS with some of those way back in the day, then sold it after riding it about five times. Never understood the rationale for those things. Ended up buying another NRS frame and put some of the first Rebas on it. Much, much better fork.

mashr

I had a set of the Z1 Duals, really should’ve kept hold of them

binners

No MX Comps? Surely the best value for money piece of kit ever. Cheap as chips and absolutely bomb-proof!

bobodaclown

Not sure if already linked…
    Apparently this place is a good source of some spares, service and info related to old Bombers

https://dr-marzocchi.projectweb.de/

endomick
    Free Member

Those were the days, look at how colourful forks used to be, bring back polished crowns.

apedoctor
    Free Member

CRC used to do (probably still do) a lot of buying of containers of stock, sight unseen direct from factories, or sometimes it’s just a whopping pile of stuff, and you dig around before ordering all of it or nothing. It’s then transported back to the UK where warehouse staff would sort it and box it etc. It’s why you get loads of random stuff turning up all the time, cost peanuts.

That is what’s happened I expect. Though by no means for definite.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Those brake mounts were proprietary mounts as mentioned that only came in IS format, I had to get one for my Z1 QR20s (which had a Z4 serial number) and they were thin on the ground in 2004. I’d say they’re damn near impossible to find now but that Dr Marzocchi guy may turn something up and there’s another goldmine in Germany with an internet site.

I definitely don’t remember Z5 20mm forks, plenty of Z3 and the occasional Z1 but Z5 must have been OEM.

Ah yes QR20. Anything but “quick” and the dangly bits sometimes wound off in transit.

That was the 2003 successor, QR20+. QR20 was literally a 20mm QR mount with a QR 20mm axle, basically what you were left with when the stupid cams or barrel screws disappeared.

vinnyeh

Z4’s 70mm now £100, Z3 and 5 still same price.

snotrag

I’m sure my 2001 Kona Chute came with a Z5 with ‘QR20’ 20mm thru axle.

kraemit
    Free Member

> Might be difficult if one of the “O” rings at the top of the forks goes.

Drop me a note, if you need replacement parts for the older Z2.
    –> https://dr-marzocchi.projectweb.de/

Best Regards

spooky_b329

I thought they all sold out when this thread first started…are these the returns back on sale?!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘CRC selling old Z3/4/5 forks’ is closed to new replies.