Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • CRC Black Friday deals , don't waste your time .
  • oldfart

I ordered a pair of Five Ten Maltese Falcons in the sale , just got an E Mail telling me the order has been cancelled , seems like they don’t have any . Just checked their latest E Mail , guess what , the size and colour I ordered still showing as being available. Crock of s@@@ !

russyh
    Free Member

Had the same issue last week with them over a tyre! They are a complete croc to deal with of late. Mate had issue as well…shame

sharpy52
    Free Member

I ordered a pair last Thursday, they turned up today. I also ordered 2 other sale items, one was cancelled this afternoon and the other is still showing as processing. Thats happed to a few of my orders recently. They have gone downhill in the last year.

Speshpaul

they are doing some great deals on Sidi’s:-)

cyclistm
    Free Member

Don’t forget to click on ‘in stock only’ to save lots of time browsing the attractive offers they don’t have.

Kuco

Why is it when you click in stock only they still show items that are out of stock 😕

rOcKeTdOg

The curse of wiggle innit

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hopefully my stuff turns up, shiny things abound

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes, my bargain mudguards that we’re in stock when I ordered where out of stock by the time they came to pick them.

welshfarmer

Oh bugger. I have ordered some 5.10 falcons last night. Not heard anything to say out of stock so hopefully should be OK….

transporter13
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of the vxis and a cone spanner… Spanner turned up yesterday and had an email sayingbshkes veen dispatched today so fingers crossed

jamesfts
    Free Member

Just double checked my order for some Five Tens made after seeing the PSA – marked as shipped yesterday. Fingers crossed all ok.

matt_outandabout

Still waiting for helmet ordered last Monday. :/

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Make me laugh that everything is a hot product now with hundreds watching.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just double checked my order for some Five Tens made after seeing the PSA – marked as shipped yesterday. Fingers crossed all ok.

I had that recently only to be then told it was out of stock.

Remember the days when you broke something cycling on Sunday, ordered a replacement on Monday and received it on Tuesday ?

CrispyCSW

Waiting on some kit for a bike build I have planned on Friday, forks have arrived from Wiggle stock, CRC bits are still pending despatch so I think a call is in order to chase tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

earl_brutus

used em for recently some oakleys, and a deraileur and shifter for a 1×10 conversion.. all arrived within a week

rocketman
    Free Member

Remember the days when you broke something cycling on Sunday, ordered a replacement on Monday and received it on Tuesday ?

very much so

Have ordered many £k since 2005 but the last few months have been disastrous

jimmy

Is this Wiggle’s way of winding down CRC, by winding up their loyal customers? I’m trying to avoid them now tbh.

kayla1
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff and the stuff arrived spread over four (4!) boxes including a mahoosive one for two seat clamps. Really? Everything would’ve fitted in the mahoosive box the bars came in.

dougieb
    Free Member

@kayla1 – same here bought a £2.49 pack of 10mm headset spacers, a £2.49 pack of 5mm spacer and two seatpost clamps. Arrived in 3 massive boxes, same day, all with individual shipping. Crazy

nairnster
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff and the stuff arrived spread over four (4!) boxes including a mahoosive one for two seat clamps. Really? Everything would’ve fitted in the mahoosive box the bars came in.

I once received a pair of presta valve caps in a shoe box size box from CRC.

I had ordered a new helmet, got an email saying it was dispatched. Never arrived and they then said it hadn’t been sent. Lo and behold it was then out of stock.

Really gone downhill IMO

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ordered a cheapy Reverb and it turned up just fine…apart from being slow, they’re fine for the stuff I’ve ordered. As an aside, I was in Belfast the other week and went past a CRC warehouse….it was bloody massive. They’ve also got an office in the city centre. It bought home just how bloody big they are now.

They’re no where near as efficient as they used to be unless you cough up for priority dispatch ala Wiggle. I remember the old days; free p&p and pretty much guaranteed to be with you the next day.

steeble
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff in last year’s black Friday offers. it too was out of stock but they sent money off gift codes as good will. they not doing that this time around?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

For my last few orders they have not actually appeared in ‘My Account’ despite them being sent and delivered!

I bought 2 pairs of the bargain VXi’s – 1 showed up with no paperwork/packing slip and the others are nowhere to be seen yet!

sprocker
    Free Member

I bought a bar a few weeks ago, non sale item took 2 weeks to show up and they did not reply to my emails chasing it up, maybe good news for the lbs

jlln
    Free Member

CRC are a total pain to deal with if anything goes awry with your order. So what that there are often cheaper than the competition – what use is that if your order never turns up?
    I will definitely not be using them again

milky1980
    Free Member

Used to order from CRC loads but made a conscious effort to try the LBS first in the last 18 months. It’s surprising how often they’re cheaper and I can walk out with the purchase there and then most of the time. I may not get the exact item I was after but I’ll get something that works just as well and sometimes a little extra treat too.

The last thing I ordered from CRC was a new backpack as the LBS couldn’t get one for a few weeks, it took 3 days to be dispatched and another week to arrive!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ordered a Tyre over a week ago, and still nothing 🙁

Matt
    Free Member

what size did you want? I’m returning a pair of 45’s today as they’re too big!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Has anyone manage dot have a ‘chat’ with them through the Live Chat feature? Mine keeps cutting off or mysteriously becoming unavailable when I am next in the queue!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I was feeling smug. I ordered some five tens, and they turned up, in quick time too. Then I realized they’ve sent the wrong size, and the correct one is now out of stock….

CrispyCSW

Ordered forks, reverb and a few bits & bobs a week ago. Forks received from Wiggle on Tuesday, reverb & bits still sat awaiting despatch. Spoke to them via live chat and haven’t really made much progress, just “we’ll look into it, and you’ll receive a despatch notification when they leave us”. Scuppered my plans for a bike build on Friday 🙁

alpineharry
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a couple pairs of maltese falcons too, hoping they turn up, doesn’t sound like they will judging by this thread and the other one regarding deliver.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hang on its not Black Friday yet is it?

tpbiker
    Free Member

My mattoc to two days to arrive, the wheels before that also two days

No issues my end!

Northwind

nairnster – Member

I once received a pair of presta valve caps in a shoe box size box from CRC.

I once got a motorbike indicator bulb in a box about 2 foot to a side, from Demon Tweeks. The bulb was broken.

prawny

That is a warranty replacement micro SD card that came in that box.

funkrodent

Sheesh. Picked up a set of DT Swiss road wheels at more than 50% discount last night. Fantastic deal. Banking on them being with me for Friday though. Never been an issue in the past. Nervous now..

ThePinkster

I’ve stopped using CRC over the past 2 years or so as much as possible, only buy from them if they’ve got something at a decent price that I can’t get elsewhere, and never rely on them for anything in an emergency.

Just wish I had a decent local LBS that carries proper bikes stuff rather then bottom-end BSO products*

*I don’t include the excellent BMX shop across the road from work in this description but they only stock BMX stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘CRC Black Friday deals , don't waste your time .’ is closed to new replies.