Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Crank Bros Headsets – how reliable? OR any alternative low stack headsets about?
  • Gnnr

What's the general consensus on the CB low stack headsets? Do they all rust or is it just certain models that have problems.

Looking to regain a bit of steerer from a set of forks.

Cheers G

Gnnr

anyone?

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

wasn't aware of any rusting problems. They have a 5 year warranty though (although no idea how firmly they stand behind it). Hope they don't have issues, they're not cheap and I have one on the way to me atm

for low stack, look at the FSA or Cane Creek sites, they have masses of different varieties of headset. Cane Creek having invented the Aheadset, if they don't make it the chances are no-one does.

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about the Hope zero stack/integrated?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looked into this and got a can creek s8 cheap (£30 odd?)

Unfortunately it is impossible to adjust the play out of it.

heihei

Mine rusted, but tbh 2pure were very good at replacing it. They are also a pain to fit, even with a proper headset press.

Mackem

Mines fine, been on about 2 years, no problems at all.

takisawa2

Mates rusted. Replaced ok but lot of faff having to send it off etc.

Gnnr

Have the replacements supplied been any better? Or have they all ended up on the classified page?

Not sure if I want a rusty headset!

FoxyRider – I think the Hope zero stack are for bikes with integrated heasets only. Though I could be totally wrong…

Mackem – what version have you got?

foxyrider
    Free Member

FoxyRider – I think the Hope zero stack are for bikes with integrated heasets only. Though I could be totally wrong…

Its a semi-integrated system but I guess you were talking about std low profile headsets? 😳

Mackem
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Headsets – how reliable? OR any alternative low stack headsets about?’ is closed to new replies.