Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crack'n'fail
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Bah, I was boxing may Cannondale Rush up last night to send to it's new owner and found this..

A nice crack at the BB and set tube weld, almost all the way round the tube.

No warranty as I'm the second owner, ****!

MrAgreeable

Look on the bright side Mike, you only got about £20 for it.

Contact the importers and see if they can help out? I'd be willing to vouch that it's been used for mincing purposes only…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Look on the bright side Mike, you only got about £20 for it.

If only that was true.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Good of you to NOT send it anyway ! Haven't seen a 'dale crack for a long time now – just Konas and Oranges. Happens to 'em all at sometime I guess. Being a Rush it can't be that old so surely it's covered by warentee ??

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

You never see cracked ones anymore because not very many people ride them anymore.

MrAgreeable

Another possibility, do you have it insured against accidental damage? My insurance covered my Club Roost frame when it went ping.

clubber
    Free Member

Bad luck, Mike…

FWIW, you could easily repair that with some carbon fibre…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Another possibility, do you have it insured against accidental damage? My insurance covered my Club Roost frame when it went ping.

Really? Wow, however I think Debi is getting tired of bike related insurance claims and the resulting premium hike.

goog
    Free Member

richc
    Free Member

you still in contact with the original owner? as they could warranty it

KINGTUT
    Free Member

MrAgreeable

I think Debi is getting tired of bike related insurance claims and the resulting premium hike.

If it's on your house insurance then it could be problematic. I had mine insured separately (though CTC) and it put my premium up by £30, but for a £500 frame that was a no-brainer. Maybe give them a call and say you're thinking of putting in a claim, but you want to know how this would affect your premium?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crack'n'fail’ is closed to new replies.