Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Covid smell…
  • ajantom

9 days into Covid so far, feeling a lot better than last weekend. Mainly just fatigued now.

…..apart from my sense of smell has gone weird.
    Getting a constant ‘off’ smell.
    A bit like faintly off meat, mixed with ripe underpants (I’ve showered, so it’s not me 😆) or over-ripe fruit.
    Bit Durian like (if you spent time in SE Asia you’ll know!)

So far I’m finding sucking menthol sweets or sniffing a handkerchief laced with olbas oil masks it a bit. But it’s constant, and slightly nauseating 🤮

Anyone else had this type of thing, and how long did it last?

Mikkel
    Free Member

Friend have this think its around 3 months since she had covid.

darksideby182

I had COVID last November and my smell and taste went back came back all fine. Then in may this year I had a cold for a week and now my smell and taste is off lots of things taste different (this is starting to come back to normal) and lots of things smell garlicky. It’s pretty annoying.

Harry_the_Spider

I had a smell like burned rubber for about a month.

theotherjonv

It’s definitely a thing. For me it was more like stale cigarette smoke, at first faint, almost ‘is someone smoking nearby’ and gradually stronger until it was continuous. My taste wasn’t affected other than everything I ate was as if I was eating it in a 1970s pub!

And then it wore off again. I had a cold a few weeks back and might have had it return briefly, but may have imagined it.

stingmered

Covid back in July. Taste/smell took about 2 months to come back to about 80%x, but then no real improvement further. Then got a cold about a month ago and now smell is really off, lots of strong smells (coffee, washing powder/fabric conditioner) now smell very sulphurous. I’ve got used to it but it’s quite off putting, especially for a coffee hound!

pk13

3 days in and taste buds are shot completely gone.
    Currently cannot smell anything.
    Feels like pins are being stuck into my lungs and don’t mention the double vision 🤣
    Itchy tummy too so I hope shingles is not coming to say hello.

steve-g
    Free Member

I tested positive 12 days ago, I would say I had maybe 3 days of absolutely zero taste and smell – fully couldn’t smell olbas oil from a distance of 1mm. Then I had 5 or 6 days of my taste slowly returning while my sense of smell had been switched back on but could only identify strong bitter smells. Fresh coffee was smelling of soy sauce, very strange. I chopped up a lime and could smell that, then made some spag bol with loads of garlic and that was getting through. Today the weird bitterness filter seems to have gone and I’m smelling thing faintly but as they used to smell.

It’s been the most annoying par of the whole covid experience which is lucky I suppose

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Covid smell…’ is closed to new replies.