Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Covid Contact Tracers of STW?
  • smogmonster

Any other Contact Tracers on here, particularly Tier 2, but all Tiers welcome. How are you feeling at the moment? I have to say I’m feeling particularly undercooked on this.
    I’m finding the so-called scripts to be fairly useless as they do not appear to really fit any probable scenario or conversation. The login is a chaotic mess of programmes and passwords, and the help pages dont seem to really provide much help anyway. I’ve heard nothing whatsoever from any Team leader…and the info provided seems to be a contradictory mess. Is it just me?

frankconway

I’m not a tracer but am concerned about reports of tracers sitting around doing nothing – not that I have anything against people being paid for doing little or nothing.
    If the reports are correct then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the system; either that or johnson, hancock & prof newton are fibbing but….they wouldn’t, would they?

matt303uk

It’s all about the numbers and soundbites, “We’ve 25,000 contact tracers” the government can claim, doesn’t matter if they are trained, effective or even doing anything, I’m sure the company handed the contract is making a healthy profit from the contract.

There’s not even a way to tell if you are called by someone if they are a genuine contact tracer!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Rumour has it my outsourced office IT helpdesk claims a fee every time they close a ticket.

I usually have to raise two or three tickets before I get a sensible answer and someone actually looking into any given problem.

martinhutch

Have you actually done any contact tracing, OP?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I’m not a tracer but am concerned about reports of tracers sitting around doing nothing

No one is going to hit the staffing numbers on a project like this week or even month 1. On balance, having spare staff to start with is probably sensible.

smogmonster

MartinHutch…Ive had four contacts to call in about 30 odd hours work. Three went to voicemail. The other was a wrong number! It seems as though we are kind of expected to work it out as we go along as the ‘training’ really isnt upto much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Covid Contact Tracers of STW?’ is closed to new replies.