Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cotton t-shirts
  • MSP

Does anyone make a decent cotton t-shirt anymore? I just can’t find any that are casual, nice and thin material, with good quality high thread count. Everything on the high street is just cheap crap, low quality cotton, that shrinks on the first wash, soaks up sweat like a sponge and losses its shape within days.

It shouldn’t be that difficult to but=y some t-shirts to wear on holiday, but bloody hell it is.

Any recommendations.

DezB
    Free Member

Carhartt? Bought one off ebay for my kid and it’s really nice quality. Doesn’t fit him though!

footflaps

All my T-shirts come from https://www.lastexittonowhere.com and last years, wear one every day and some must be over 10 years old now.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Have purchased from here before – they offer a great selection at good prices, and delivery (although not free) is super-quick if they have the item in stock.

BillMC

Clothing

organic and hard wearing etc and a sale on right now

trail_rat
    Free Member

+1 for carharrt (not their workwear range that’s just cheap junk)

Columbia do nice ones too with subtle branding

Try looking as bamboo tees as well- check alpkit and other outdoor brands I find they are a much nicer feel and a similar price to a quality cotton tee. Not sure on longevity not had mine long but I like it – not scratchy like merino et all

peterno51

Howies?

Plain t-shirts

lesshaste

engelbert-strauss

Paul-S
    Free Member

This is singletrack, so recommend what you have, check.

and, a UK company, ethically accredited, organic, wind-powered factory, award winning ( not sure which ), and more buzz words than you can shake a stick at, check.

I went for these and am very happy with them.

https://rapanuiclothing.com/product/organic-cotton-t-shirt-5-pack/

tails
    Free Member

H and m make a premium cotton t shirt def thicker than the other stuff they make

chakaping
    Free Member

Patagonia are great. Sombrio too, but CRC only have them sporadically in their various sales.

MSP

H and m make a premium cotton t shirt def thicker than the other stuff they make

But thats the thing, a decent quality cotton isn’t thicker than the cheap crap, it is quite the opposite. Good quality cotton garments feel quite fine to touch.

dovebiker

If you’re into camper vans, we’ve got a half-price offer on our UK designed and printed organic cotton tees – made by the same people who sell the Rapanui stuff:

https://www.mycampervan.co.uk/collections/tee-shirts

hp_source

+1 for howies stuff, I’ve had a lot from them in the past and pretty much all are still going strong and looking good. They used to be a bit longer in the body from my experience which suited my body shape better, but it’s still the first place I look when I’m after something new.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Arket

the 170g Mid-Weight ones are the only ones ive tried, nice though

Uniqlo ?

DrJ

Second the Arket ones – I like the heavyweight.

yosemitepaul

Costco, do packs of 5 white cotton t shirts. They are long and have a neck that doesn’t sag after a few uses. Perhaps not going to win any fashion contests, but I regularly wear mine under a fleece or shirt. Can’t fault them.

doris5000

Rapa Nui are good, as noted above, although I find them a bit ‘wide’.

These guys do an ‘own brand’ organic cotton Tee and the cut is slimmer which suits me a bit better.

Ethical T-Shirts

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

M&s Cool Max t shirt vests, 2 for 20 quid, nice n thin, muscle fit, perfect.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

muscle fit

#strangest

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you’ve got it, flaunt it dear boy…. 🤣

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is muscle fit the ones with inflatable pecs and 6 pack ?

maccruiskeen

I’ve seen it. It is strange.

Anyway – while not winning any prizes for thin Snickers t-shirts keep their shape and their colour very well

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is muscle fit the ones with inflatable pecs and 6 pack ?

Na, it highlights your love handles and yer tits. 😁

takisawa2

The Mantarey ones from Debenhams seem to last me very well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cotton t-shirts’ is closed to new replies.