• This topic has 53 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Cotswolds #Jennride 05/01/2020 – 50 miles of filth.
  • robbo1234biking

Car is all packed and ready. Driving down from Derby in the morning. Will prob set of earlier than 9 to stagger the start and get a bit more daylight! See some of you tomoz.

reluctantjumper

All my kit is ready too, apart from the bike! Broke the front mudguard 2 days ago and need to fit on off one of the other bikes. If it doesn’t fit I’ll just take the FS instead of the HT. Weather looks good though, chilly but no wind or rain 🙂

welshfarmer

Bike is packed in the van. Weather conditions looking favourable (or not depending on your POV). Should be a little drier and a bit warmer than last year. If anyone wants to say hello I will be the beardy one on an old carbon Kona 29er without a pack, but a couple of frame bags. Having looked at the route, it is going to be tough. Not convinced I will get around as not as fit as I was last year.

See you in the morning peeps.

GeForceJunky

I’ll be there, cheating on my ebike. Will be sliding around on Thunder Burt’s, to save clogging up the drivechain. Will be a good test of battery range! The most I’ve done before was 1600m elevation.

qwerty
    Free Member

👍

Forecast: 6-7′ feeling like 3.5-4′, hint of drizzle at 7-8am with 20% chance of rain after dropping to 10% for the afternoon, SW wind around 10mph gusting at 20mph,

Looks dry & grey.

pacawadd
    Free Member

Thanks for a great route. I did the lite version as needed to head back. Still a good day 👍👍

robbo1234biking

Thanks for organising @qwerty. Route seemed tougher than last year. I had to cut it short as wouldn’t get back before dark but had a great day.

GeForceJunky

Soooo much mud. Top marks to all of that completed it. My battery died with 7km left and my legs are tired now. Great route, possibly better in summer!

petey83
    Free Member

Great route and great company. Last 15 miles were torture! That final steep climb destroyed me!

welshfarmer

Great ride today, tough going in parts but thoroughly enjoyable route. To finish in a warehouse bar of a brewery was a bonus. Good to catch up with a few regulars and to meet a couple of new faces too. Bet you are glad you didn’t take the full suss now @reluctantjumper 🙂

si77

Thanks for organising @qwerty and nice to meet you!

reluctantjumper

That was a tough but ultimately enjoyable ride, cheers for a great route @qwerty. Knackered me out completely, blew up at 46 miles and struggled round the rest but made it. I genuinely thought it would take me a lot longer to complete the ride, around 9 hours or so but to get round in a smidge over 7:30 was very surprising! Glad to get home and have a shower but I may have had to have a power nap in the services on the way home before that…

@welshfarmer
    : My ankles wish I had, my legs are glad they didn’t have to push any more weight around!

Oh, one thing I’ve learned today: when you’re getting changed by the car in the dark in an unfamiliar layby it’s wise to check what foliage is behind you before bending over. A nettle to the arse is not a pleasant thing!

qwerty
    Free Member

Thanks you you all for making the ride.

Ouch, “that” last climb!

After last year’s lack of mud I feel we certainly made up for it this year!

A huge range of types of bikes, a huge range of rider abilities, one course but many options to tailor it to your days plans.

Monies raised towards some charities close to our hearts.

I enjoyed meeting you all & riding with you.

If you fancy sampling similar in the dry, check out The Racing Collectives, Cotsduro.

Cheers, qwerty

postierich
    Free Member

Nice one Qwerty

jkomo

Thanks for organising, I’m in!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Cotswolds #Jennride 05/01/2020 – 50 miles of filth.’ is closed to new replies.