Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Cotic Souls….
  • TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Less.

Wouldn’t recommend Bonty XR4s with Rebas, is a bit tight. Think they are only 2.2s, but do come up big. Compared the the Panaracer XC Fire 2.1s on Mrs TWTF’s bike they are huge.

Seem like an ok tyre, grip ok, roll ok and luckily seem to shed mud!, but once they wear out* will be getting something a bit lower profile.

dan
    *I’m not tight, just lazy.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I have had a lot of tyres fitted to various Rebas and they never looked nothing like as tight as those! They are seriously big tyres! Have you got 80 PSI in them?

TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Run them at 20psi at the front.

At 80psi they’d be as big as the moon!

dan

timnwild

I am unhappy – my Soul’s out of action until 1) Forks come back from Rockshox 2) X9 shifter turns up 3) X9 mech turns up 4) I recover from the bill enough to get back on the thing.

I wish I knew more about fixing it myself, but alas, I remain a massive, clumsy-fingered ignoramus.

mboy
    Free Member

Less.
    Wouldn’t recommend Bonty XR4s with Rebas, is a bit tight. Think they are only 2.2s, but do come up big. Compared the the Panaracer XC Fire 2.1s on Mrs TWTF’s bike they are huge.
    Seem like an ok tyre, grip ok, roll ok and luckily seem to shed mud!, but once they wear out* will be getting something a bit lower profile.

Got the same fork (Reba Team with 20mm Maxle light) and run the same XR4 2.2″ tyre up front on my bike as you do. It’s a very close fit isn’t it!

I love the tyres, fast, grippy, predictable but they are too high a profile really for their stated size. I can’t fit on one the back of either of my bikes oddly enough, but run one on the front of both. Rebas also have less tyre clearance than they used to have…

Run mine at about 32psi up front, any softer and I find it a bit squirmy, and it is BIG! Certainly a lot bigger than a 2.35 Maxxis HR or minion.

cy

Those Bonty tyres are massively tall, more like 27″ wheels! I ran into the same trouble trying to run the 29-4 version on my Solaris prototype.

KZP894
    Free Member

Here she is enjoying the view….

http://gallery.me.com/willlycett#100047/P9040140

soulwood
    Free Member

KZP, is that an older XL model?

KZP894
    Free Member

Soulwood

You are correct, it is an XL and a great bike. I think it is one of just a few that Cy had made. Purchased shortly after the birth of my third child, who’s now almost six.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been hankering after a full sus bike but this thread has encouraged me to be content!

fathomer

Bit cheeky I know but is anyone with a Soul round Leicester that I could park my arse on for sizing. I really want one but not sure on what size and this thread really isn’t helping my wanting for one!

chiefgrooveguru

My Soul has those Bontrager XR4 tyres front and back – great tyre if your fork has the clearance for it! (I had 100mm Rebas before the Fox Float 140s and it was very tight, 7mm clearance if I remember correctly). Plenty of space at the back of the Soul – and they do indeed measure 27″ in outside diameter when at ~32psi.

prezet
    Free Member

Probably a silly question – but does anyone know why the wishbone seat stay, on the small frames, is welded to the seat tube slightly above where the top tube meets the seat tube?

Is this to increase strength? or purely an aesthetic thing?

cy

Because of the angles everything comes in at on the small, the top tube weld would run into the wishbone weld if they were more in line.

4130oryg
    Free Member

Closest bike to my old Bontrager Racelite but more travel , and discs !

topangarider
    Free Member

Steerer now cut down ans speedo removed. Still loving it!

[/url] Summer 2010 build by Mr.Spinner, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Souls….’ is closed to new replies.