Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Cotic Souls….
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

Easily my best bike, always a pleasure to ride!

DSC00857 by Zookarama, on Flickr

ssboggy

Not quite a Soul but near enough

snakebite
    Free Member

Well, just finished putting the new BFe together, might go to work on it tomorrow!!!!

MrGreedy

They’re ace, do it!

Re. sizing – I’m bang on 6′ and the large is definitely right for me (test rode and purchased at the excellent Dales Bike Centre). U-turn Revelations are just the ticket – tight and nimble for singletrack, capable enough to get me out of trouble in the big stuff.

P1000156_Cropped by markxknowles, on Flickr

trailofdestruction, what skewers are you using? I’ve found the dropouts really easy to use with XTs.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Not quite a Soul but these are my girls………….

cy

Great big hugs to you all. That’s proper made me smile this morning. Ace.

cardo

Absolutely lovin mine,I also have an Orange 5 but love the speed and zip a Soul can deliver, totally flickable and can deal with the fast stuff too. I’m 6’2″ and the large frame works for me no probs… Nice work Cy, great design mate.

Ben_mw

Ben, what wheels?

Them there white ones – it’s the colour that makes ’em fast!
    (American Classic jobbies)

timnwild

Can I jump in and get some seatpost recommendations? I’m 6′ 1″, and something bombproof (rather than XC light as a feather) would suit me.

Love my Soul so very much.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thomson seatpost as standard.

cy

Never been a fan of Thompsons myself. Have a look at Race Face or Easton for tough, long options.

oxnop
    Free Member

Avoid Thomson unless you want a sore arse.

I’ve got a carbon post on mine which makes it fairly comfy for all day rides.

Klunk
    Free Member

Avoid Thomson unless you want a sore arse.

in the true STW stylee MTFU 😉 i’m a very lazy rider, arse firmly planted on the saddle most of the time, and i find my soul very comfy with a thomson post, 6-8 hrs in the saddle doesn’t pose any problems.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Never like the idea of a carbon shaft below my arse……!!! 😮

One day in a remote location (where else would it happen!)the seatpost will give and impale into your inner-thigh. A little extreme I know but bleeding out miles from anywhere isn’t for me.
    Alu posts all the way.

mattjg
    Free Member

Ben sure I realise. What model are they?

mattjg
    Free Member

I had a new carbon post fail after a few days light use, it crumpled into a vicious emasculation weapon as I was on it. I dismounted very carefully.

JohnnyPanic

My last soul had a thompson & an SDG bel air. Very comfy. My current soul has a thomson & a gobi. Far less comfortable. Nothing to do with the post though. I know people ride carbon bars & posts quite happily & without incident. We’re all different though. I’ve got carbon bars but wouldn’t countenance a carbon post because of this…

crumpled into a vicious emasculation weapon as I was on it

RichS

in action at the weekend

Kielder 100

Olly
    Free Member

Mind changed again.
    anyone want to buy a complete single speed 456 summer season in lemon yellow?

Stick the trance frame on the wall.

black large soul to be ordered (in a week or two once the new shed is built)

6ft 4″ over doing it on a large soul?

cardo

#Rich S# That’s spooky my number was 303 at this years Kielder mud fest…

Conespanner

How many original soul owners is out there? I have frame number six, complete with the free t shirt with number ‘6’ on the back and it’s still going strong, the bike is used all the time. When I say original I think the first 50 riders

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

6ft 4″ over doing it on a large soul?

You should be ok, Im 6’2 but have long legs for my height, and a 19″ does me with a long seatpost. I only run a 60mm stem aswell.

bol

6’4″ will be fine Olly. You might want a layback post and your mates will tell you it’s too small for you but they’ll be wrong and you’ll be loving it. Make sure the post is reet long though so there’s plenty still in the frame. I’m 6’4″, but I’ve got stumpy little 34″ inseam legs, so am fine with a 400 post. 410 Thomson layback probably recommended.

Ben_mw

Ben sure I realise. What model are they?

MTB 26 Tubeless. When I got them they were the ligher of 2 models, the other being the MTB 26 AM, though I’ve just checked the AC website for the name and noticed that they also do a lighter race version now.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx.

Haze

Thomson on my Simple for the last 3 years, not a single problem or gripe with it.

dougieb
    Free Member

Fraction under 6ft and find my medium soul with 70mm stem, 710mm bars and inline post is a great fit. At times when climbing there can be a lot of post showing but other than that I love it.

oxnop
    Free Member

Mine:

I’ve had quite a few HT’s but comparable HT’s I’ve owned would be Genesis Alptitude, SC Chameleon and a 2009 P7.

I bought this bike to compliment my Alpine 160 as wanted a bike for the winter months and was ‘different’ to the Alpine (i.e. change the tyres add SPD’s if i was partaking in a XC race or enduro) but that would still handle the kind of riding I do.

Previously I owned the P7 and scoffed at Souls thinking they were mince machines, but so far it has held up to everything I have been able to throw at it, as the P7 did, the noticeable difference being the Soul has a ‘zip’ to it that the P7 didn’t (the 2010 onwards P7 is even less zippy due to CEN)

Current build with the Talas forks and DH tyre weighs in at 28lbs but when I change the tyres to Fat Albert Evo’s, change the forks to my Reba’s it’s 26lbs and absolutely flies.

Also, im 5 11″ and the frame is a medium – it fits perfectly.

Daniel
    Free Member

my soul and friends soda..

AdamW
    Free Member

I’m afraid to try one. I love my roadrat and am scared that if I get into the saddle I won’t leave.

shinsplints

These wheels are the wrong size.

TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Thought i should join in. Here is my pride and joy

Hope, Thomson and XT build with Reba Teams at 100mm. Love it.

Sorry about the garden, but it is a working garden 🙂
    dan

timnwild

WHite grips and a white saddle (is that a Charge Spoon?) – forgive me, but I’ll be ripping that look off as soon as I can afford it. Nice work.

TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Think it’s the Knife rather than the Spoon, but pretty much the same. Quite comfy.

Am surpised how white the saddle stays, yesterday was the first proper wash it has had in a year and a half, normally I just let the mud dry and brush it off. But it was covered in Blackberry juice (an interesting day; the weather forecast was wrong and I got attacked by a horse).

dan

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m just waiting on the nice postman to delivery the final package to turn this into something I can ride outside of the garden (seatpost and brake mount adaptor missing):

One of the 50 single-speed Soul-based Simples. Can’t wait!

prezet
    Free Member

My new small framed BFe (swapped from a medium) – pic a bit blurry, was early morning.

titusrider
    Free Member

Cotics are sweet 🙂
    im running a use alu sumo post and been v happy with it
    excuse the dodgy lighting adornments

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Cotic pics of Some souls, soda’s and a roadrat can be found here
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.246742078696063.52154.138748036162135&type=1#!/pages/Finely-Tuned-Ride/138748036162135?sk=photos

Ref Seat posts, have a look at USE, they do some well built carbon and a nice Ti post for a bit more give.

Some real nice builds, The main reson I like the Cotic range of frames is you can build “one frame” into differnt type of bike to your ridding style/area. In the Soul case, from XC (100mm), trail riding (120mm)to harder trail riding (140mm)

Just looking forward to the new Full sus that Cy been working on…

rossrobot
    Free Member

Regarding the height question, i’ve got a large Soul and i’m 6’4”. It’s perfect. I’ve got a thompson layback post which helps.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

TwentyOneThirtyFive you front tyre looks like it as about 1cm if that of clearance to the fork brace?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Souls….’ is closed to new replies.