Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cotic Soul 2.6 Tyres
  • four
    Free Member

Anyone ridden or riding a Mk5 Soul with 27.5 / 2.6 tyres for mainly XC and trail riding?

If so what models and how did you find the rolling resistance up hill and on the flat?

four
    Free Member

Also…..any recommendations for reasonably light 30mm rims to match to my Hope 4 hubs?

thanks

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a 2.8 Trailblazer on an i35 to my Mk4 Soul.  I was only dicking around, I didn’t actually expect it to fit but it does. Plenty of room at the seatstays, bit closer at the chainstays and too close for big mud, but you wouldn’t do big mud on Trailblazers anyway… 😁  Kind of gutted I don’t have a Shimano cassette or Pro4 XD to hand here (suitable freehub is at home) or else I’d be seeing how it rides with these this weekend!

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a 2.6in Nobby Nic on the front of my Solaris for a while in the summer, if that helps. It was great for the dry, loamy and dusty woods.

Not so hot in the mud, but it’ll be going back on my new Solaris next summer I expect.

Rolling resistance fine, better than many 2.5 or 2.4in tyres with more aggressive treads.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soul 2.6 Tyres’ is closed to new replies.