Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Cotic Solaris max frame
  • coconut
    Free Member

So Cotic are discontinuing the purple or silver version of this frame. I have my heart set on one of those colours and have searched high and low!… does anyone know anyone selling a Solaris Max frame in large, it’s gotta be pruple or silver. I’m going to build a new bike to keep me occupied in lockdown.

Clink

That purple was awesome! Why discontinue it?

barbs
    Free Member

Can’t help you I’m afraid but I am about to put my medium dark grey frame on the market so if anyone is interested please pm me.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What! I was about to buy a purple one! In large! (Well, next week) why Cotic why?

coconut
    Free Member

Yeah sorry folks… Cotic told me this last week. The purple looked awesome. They are only selling the red and black going forward.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are they running them down with a new model in the pipeline perhaps?

Or could it be the paint wasn’t durable enough? I was disappointed how easily my gunmetal one marked up just from cables being attached to it.

coconut
    Free Member

They didn’t say. I emailed last week looking for a large frame in purple, the reply was this was “now discontinued”, the only available frames are the red and black.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Or could it be the paint wasn’t durable enough? I was disappointed how easily my gunmetal one marked up just from cables being attached to it.

I wouldn’t be surprised. The paint on my purple Solaris marks ridiculously easily!

honourablegeorge

Cotic colours come and go, there’ll be a lovely new colour or two along shortly.

fathomer

@barbs hopefully you’ve got a pm.

swanny853

Cotic colours come and go, there’ll be a lovely new colour or two along shortly.

I was waiting for a colour I wanted for the best part of a year, through the red and the green, then the two colours I wanted didn’t come in in my size! Now they’re cancelled! First world problems but grumble grumble grumble. Both the purple and the silver were gorgeous.

swanny853

Also, barbs, second dibs please?

reeksy

The paint on my green one wasn’t too great, but the mercury one seems much better … so i wouldn’t have thought it would be that. That colour is used on other models, too. Probably just rationalising based on popularity – no point having excess stock sitting around.

Clink

Probably just rationalising based on popularity – no point having excess stock sitting around.

Thank Purple sold out in common sizes?

coconut
    Free Member

On the Cotic website there’s pretty limited availability, seems you can get black in all sizes and only a few red left now.

mesh

I’ve been waiting (im)patiently for mediums to arrive back in stock since a demo last December – think Sam mentioned then that new colours were incoming with this batch.

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

Mmm that’s interesting I’ve got the mercury in large and I tend to pick up a stone chip every ride (peaks tho)so paint might b weak but I have invisiframed it from new ,perhaps I got it at the right time then . On another note it’s the best bike I’ve ever had and it could be yellow for all I care I just love the ride and feel it gives you

chakaping
    Free Member

They didn’t say. I emailed last week looking for a large frame in purple, the reply was this was “now discontinued”, the only available frames are the red and black.

Well they wouldn’t say a new model was incoming while still asking full price for existing stock.

And it seems about time it had a geometry tweak, based on how they’ve updated their other models.

I’d sit tight for a bit, if it were me.

reluctantjumper

Another one waiting for a medium to come back into stock, was hoping for that purple too! I personally think the black looks cheap (reminds me of Apollo’s form back in my youth) and the red looks lovely when fresh but I’ve seen ones out in the wild that have looked very second-hand after a few rides. If there aren’t any new colours I like then it may be time to look on the classifieds.

reeksy

Mmm that’s interesting I’ve got the mercury in large and I tend to pick up a stone chip every ride (peaks tho)so paint might b weak but I have invisiframed it from new ,perhaps I got it at the right time then . On another note it’s the best bike I’ve ever had and it could be yellow for all I care I just love the ride and feel it gives you

Most of the rides so far have been more dusty and rocky I guess, but it is a great bike. Wish I’d had coin for some lighter strong wheels. The Hope 30s seem to weigh it down a bit. And a Trace 36 fork probably isn’t light either.

slackboy

I personally think the black looks cheap

Its lovely in the flesh – subtle gold flecks through the black paint. I wanted a Dark Metal one in Jan 19 but had to “settle” for cosmic black and I’m pretty happy with the choice.

concrete24
    Free Member

My Mercury one seems to scratch very easily – I did quite well avoiding damage while building it – but a few rides in it seems to have quite a few noticeable scratches already. However, I would echo the sentiment above – and I don’t really care about the scratches or colour! Glad I got one with the ‘old’ Cotic head tube badge though!

Most of the rides so far have been more dusty and rocky I guess, but it is a great bike. Wish I’d had coin for some lighter strong wheels. The Hope 30s seem to weigh it down a bit. And a Trace 36 fork probably isn’t light either.

I built mine with Hunt XC Wide and Nobby Nic’s + Pike Select. Time will tell if they’re tough enough for my riding (mainly Surrey Hills, mainly grounded – so I think so). What I can say is it accelerates at least as well as the Soul 26 it is replacing which is something I had wondered about.

reluctantjumper

Its lovely in the flesh – subtle gold flecks through the black paint.

I saw the paint when I went to Calver to demo the Rocket (bought it in the lovely blue/orange Gulf colours) and even with the flakes it reminded me of cheap bikes from my youth. Same with the chrome effect paint, was too reminiscent of the cheap kid’s bikes around at the time. Be interesting to see what new colours they go for, if any.

reeksy

What I can say is it accelerates at least as well as the Soul 26 it is replacing which is something I had wondered about.

That’s good.
    I’m comparing to a carbon Santa Cruz highball that accelerates like an ebike so not really similar at all. It’s more like a tank. But that serves well on the steep downhill sections and the rougher stuff. Not much point in having two bikes the same, either.

coconut
    Free Member

I can confirm there are new Solaris Max colours on the way!.. they wouldn’t release the colour schemes until they have photo sessioned them and put them on the Cotic site. So I guess a few months away in current climate.

spev

Barbs, have you still got the frame? and if so how much do you want? My mate is interested.I’d PM but I dont think its working at the mo

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Cotic have listed a load of ex-demo bikes on their website if anyone’s interested.

https://www.cotic.co.uk/outlet/

barbs
    Free Member

Spev – sold now I’m afraid!

spev

ah fair enough Barb, didnt think it would hang around to be honest,ta

ductions
    Free Member

I just rode my Solaris max in red dwarf today, after waiting for some parts for a few months. When I bought it I was in two minds about the colour, but in person it’s fantastic, it’s like an orangey-red colour in the sunshine. Photos on cotics website don’t do it justice, I’m very glad I chose this colour now!

null

leythervegas
    Free Member

Heres mine, its black. Not relevant I know but I love it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iZbcpP]solaris[/url] by David Hindley, on Flickr

Clink

Heres mine, its black. Not relevant I know but I love it.

Lovely looking bike. Crikey though it’s looooooong!

leythervegas
    Free Member

It does look very long, doesn’t feel it though when riding.

Thinking of upgrading my forks from these Rhythms for no other reason that I’ve seen some good offers and I have bit of spare cash.

kelvin

What will work better than the Rhythms though?!? Big spend to improve on them (in my opinion).

leythervegas
    Free Member

Was thinking some Pikes would perform better but not sure by how much? Had them before and they did feel plusher than the Rhythms.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris max frame’ is closed to new replies.