Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cotic Soda – help needed to narrow down the fork minefield?
  • rotorist
    Free Member

The easy bit was choosing the frame, now I’m struggling with what to put up front! The fork market seems to have changed/expanded a great deal since I was last looking!

My preference will be towards something light, with a lock out and 120 minimum travel.

What works well on a Soda? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers

rotorist

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I run a 140 Fox Talas at 120 on mine.

It only goes to 140 when it gets taken to Spain for big rocky decents.

Good fork, probably not the lightest.

MM

younggeoff

Revelation U-Turns 100-130mm seems fine on mine

neilb67
    Free Member

09 Revs turned down to 125…

BigJohn

Magura Menja 130

Russell96

Magura Laurin FCR 130

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Any of the above, although persoanlly I’ve not yet found a pair of maggie forks i like the feel of.

Currently running bolt through Pace RC41 XCAMs (130mm) on mine, but toying with some bolt through Rebas.

I’d definitely get something with bolt through capability as one of the joys of Cotics is having a really stiff solid front end that you can cane through anything, with the compliant rear end skipping around all over the shop.

jonb
    Free Member

I’ve seen people with pace/dt forks on sodas (well two, I don’t seem many pace forks or sodas!) Seems a good match. I think fox floats otherwise. It’s a pricey frame so you should balance it out with top end forks too.

bobster
    Free Member

Maxle Reba

simondbarnes

Rev U-turn coil work well – 85mm for climbing, 100/110 for nice fast handling in singletrack, 130mm for big descents.

Cotic Soda

Currently I’m running it as a race bike so have 100mm rebas and flat bars.

Soda

If I was speccing it now then I’d probably go for maxle rebas.

Daffy

130mm DTs are what you’re after, if you can stomach the cost.

trailmonkey

I’d definitely get something with bolt through capability as one of the joys of Cotics is having a really stiff solid front end that you can cane through anything, with the compliant rear end skipping around all over the shop.

Couldn’t agree more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Soda – help needed to narrow down the fork minefield?’ is closed to new replies.