Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cotic cascade pricing – fork upgrade
  • ads678

So I was just looking at the Cotic Cascade and the standard price for frame and steel fork is £849. If you select no fork you save £130 so frame only is £719. If you upgrade to the Salsa carbon fork its £595 extra on top of the original frmae and fork price, so £1444.

Surely the price for frame and carbon fork should be based on the upgrade price for frame only as the Salsa forks are £640 on bikemonger. Seems like they’re chargin for 2 sets of forks?!? or am I missing something? I was going to buy the Sonder pathfinder fork, but that seems to have disapeared off their website. 😕

Want to use cycle to work scheme so could do with getting stuff from the same place. Suppose I should contact Cotic really….

It might be due to ordering in a load of Salsa forks that they do not know whether they would shift or not.

Therefore factoring in end of season sale costs.

Though :/ to be sure so yeah contact them 👍

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I would suspect its more to do with them NOT ordering in a load of really expensive forks they don’t know whether they could shift or not.

If they’re ordering them in one by one for specific builds, rather than having 100 in a box in the warehouse which may or may not sell, they’re probably not getting very good pricing on them, plus add a bit of profit on top. I’m sure they’ll be happy enough to sell you a frame without fork and you source your own.

Having ridden a Cascade, I’d be sticking a SID on the front for the same cost as the carbon fork and the same weight as the steel one

ads678

Yeah can get the frame only, then buy fork separate. Which is what I was going to do with the Sonder fork, but if using the cycle to work scheme it’s best maxing out what I can get. Just thought the pricing was a bit weird.

Still not 100% sure it’s what I want, not sure whether to go for a rigid 29er instead, keep flip flopping.

Stanton Sherpa, or Solaris max with rigid fork.

Wish I hadn’t sold my Solaris MK2!!!!

Cotic out of the two imo for many reasons and wack a bird steel (cheap & decent no doubt) fork on.

😉

kelvin

the Salsa forks are £640 on bikemonger

That’s a good price. That’s all there is to it really. It’s one of the reasons the no fork option is there, to not tie you into buying a fork from Cotic if you’d rather source the one you really want from elsewhere.

kelvin

Oh, I’d go for the SiD100SL forks as well. If you can afford them. Lighter than the steel forks IIRC!

ads678

That’s a good price. That’s all there is to it really.

Fair do’s. I have thought about the SID’s but I want a rigid, for local riding and longer distance tame trails. @kelvin have you ever ridden a solaris max rigid? or anyone esle for that matter?

It’ll either be the Cascade or a rigid 29er with some swept back bars.

I know this sounds rediculous but if the colours of the Cascade were better I’d have bought one already….🙄 They’re soooo dull….

Try check out Bird’s version of rigid fork and try get hold of a Ti bar.

Will be comfy as any rigid could ever be 😉

cp

Interesting observation – aside from the shorter seat tube my 2012 Trek Superfly MTB 29er with Exotic carbon fork is almost exactly the same geometry as this!

Might try dropped bars on it for a giggle 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I put a sonder carbon fork on mine, and some carbon wheels. agreed about the colour though. mightrepaint mine over the Ber months

bassmandan

Having just bought a Cotic using C2W and gone around the houses with budget, I found them to be extremely flexible in what they would sell me outside of what you can configure in the website. I figure even if it costs you a bit more than buying everything separately, the ability to buy a handful of random bits with the frame and get it all in the voucher is worth paying extra for. Plus you get a big discount anyway right?

ads678

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking with the fancy expensive salsa forks. Spread over the year it’s works out ok.

Might have to get a respray in some funky orange!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.