Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • corralejo day ride
  • notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Hi all I’m looking for some recommendations.
    I’m off to corralejo in May with Mrs notsospeedy.
    I’m hoping to escape one day can anyone recommend a company for guiding with bike hire.
    Would prefer a bit of uplift as on holiday but equality willing to try and work off the all the extra calories from the all inclusive hotel 🙄

Cheers all

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

A little cheeky bump 😜

jwildcard
    Free Member

Hi, what type of riding are you after. I did a nice coastal ride from corralejo to el catillo taking in some great scenery, a dramatic coastline, a nice section with all the surfers in. I do remember on the way out the headwind made it hard work and the terrain was gravel mainly so very dry and dusty. It’s about 18 miles via the coastline, i did it there and back so was about 36. I borrowed a very basic mtb off someone but there was several hire places to get a better mtb.

BigR

Done this route a couple of times. Out of Corralejo through a couple of calderas which you can walk up. Great coffee/cake shop in Lajares. Out to the coast, up to the lighthouse and then home via the cool ‘popcorn’ beach. Mostly gravel with a wee bit of road. Plenty of places to hire a hardtail and/or e-bike.
    https://www.komoot.com/smarttour/1266396

blitz

Similar to above, I hired a specialized hardtail from Easy Riders and rode the coast road to el Cotillo. My wife drove there with the kids and met them at the beach for a few hours. Then I came back on an inland route that went via Lajares and over the top of the calderon hondo volcano before descending back into Corralejo. Really nice route of about 30 miles.

Edit: same as that route above but I went anticlockwise

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips forgot all about komoot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘corralejo day ride’ is closed to new replies.